New members of the Bangladesh forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Bangladesh forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Bangladesh if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Bangladesh forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

hello everyone I'm new here in expat. com.

Hello everyone,,,, I am Salauddin.. From Bangladesh... I am new here in expat . com... I need help grom you gys ... I want to move from here... My girlfriend live in Brazil... How can I proceed please help ...

Hola!! 
I am Abel, and just arrived  Bangladesh one month ago. Expected at least another 4 months here by now. 
Only day off, Friday,
Living in the Naragayanj area, in almost reclusion. (Factory-guest house-factory-guest-house...etc.) 
I like museums better than shopping, and street markets better than malls.
I eat locally as common rule, and my only "no" in food is tofu.
Any chance to do something in Dhaka next friday?? 

Last bit of info received..
"In the capital Dhaka on 22-23 October should anticipate heightened security and associated disruption due to the ruling Awami League party's 20th National Council. Around 30,000 local and foreign delegates are expected to attend the council, which will be held at Suhrawardy Udyan. Members should expect significant disruption in the vicinity of Suhrawardy Udyan. Public access to the Suhrawardy Udyan has been suspended since 21 October, with restrictions imposed on access to the Dhaka University campus."

I hope there is still chance for some meet and chat!!

Dear Leo Sam,
-Sincerely, the political and employment situation in Brazil is no good right now, and It will not get better in the next months, probably more.

-The conditions to apply for a work visa are really hard, even with full employer support.
I know because I was there till July 2016, and my visa, with all docs and blessings was not renewed.

-Once said this, Can you go as tourist to check if situation differs in other areas? (Brazil is a BIIIIIIIIIG country, and for sure situation will differ in certain areas!)

-Seek advice from your girlfriend about it, she will have first hand info!

Salu2

Abel

Hi everybody and Happy 2017 to everybody!
Spanish lawyer asking advice and help to move to Dhaka and Chittagong.
Best regards.
Jorge

Hello,
a warm welcome from dhaka, Bangladesh.people here in Bangladesh is very friendly.choose a good hotel and they will provide you everything.as it is a developing country u may hear many rumor but the true picture is everything is quite and calm.u can enjoy your staying or work.bt u know every country has their own secret to make things better.just be specific and ask help from hotel.any further inquiry will be welcomed.thank you.cheers!!!

Many thanks for your answer!!

Always welcome  :)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640209

Thanks!

Closed