New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Austria forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Austria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

i will move after 3 month in Graz so there for at that time i need accommodation and job so if any body can help me

Hello  ! I'm Philipinnes and I am in Austria for 3 weeks. I am married with a french made me see your website. He told me that I would do a lot of contacts in my country Austria
dessa

Hi everyone,

I'll be in Vienna for the month of July taking a langauge class and enjoying the city. I'd love to hear from you if you'll be around as well. Especially interested in outdoor activities like cycling and motorcycling!

Hope to hear from you,
Chris

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum: my name is Mike, I live and work in Boston but am considering moving to Vienna with my wife and 2 young kids.

---I'm most curious about how hard it is to find a job in Vienna.  I was planning to teach English for the first year or two and then find a more traditional corporate job.

However, I've read that the number of jobs teaching English is in sharp decline, is this true?

Thank you Julien and expat.com for the chance to introduce myself!
-Mike

Hi, I will be in Vienna for a conference for about three weeks. Hope to seek for help in finding new friends, especially filipinos out there. :)

Message me if you want to have coffee and meet. Thanks

Hello all. My name is Mike, I'm 32, and I currently live in St. Louis, Missouri, USA  and am looking into moving to Austria. I'd expect it to be a permanent move, or at least permanently out of USA, so I am especially interested in advice on citizenship and anything related to permanent living there. I've noticed what little I've found on apartments in Austria, they are mostly furnished... I would love it if someone could point me towards where to find unfurnished apartments online, especially outside of the larger cities as I'd prefer to live somewhere smaller, preferably in Salzkammergut.

As for a job, I'm an electrical engineering design consultant and will be able to continue working at least close to full-time doing what I do in America as long as I have solid internet access. I have visited some smaller towns in Austria and had what seemed to be solid internet access, so I'm not really worried about finding a job, though I may look for permanent employment in the long run. It's just not an immediate worry.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm Alex, 32 years old, History professor but worked all kind of jobs. Married and we have one beautiful kid.

I plan moving to Vienna in spring of 2017. Currently learning German, hopefully so I can pass the A2 test at the Goethe Institute at Belgrade, before moving to Austria.

Hope to meet friends, of course and make new contacts.

See ya :).

Hello all!
I will be moving to Vienna next month to be with my boyfriend, I'm not an EU citizen and will be searching for any kind of jobs as a start, I speak Arabic, English, French and Italian and already started German courses. Is finding a job in Austria really hard?

Thank you in advance

boobie wrote:

Hello all!
I will be moving to Vienna next month to be with my boyfriend, I'm not an EU citizen and will be searching for any kind of jobs as a start, I speak Arabic, English, French and Italian and already started German courses. Is finding a job in Austria really hard?

Thank you in advance

Hey Boobie

Firstly make sure you have a work visa sorted out so you can work. Depending on where you are from different rules apply.

If you are fluent in Arabic, English, French and Italian then that is a BIG bonus and in some cases, German is not required. It really does depend on the line of work you do. But German will help immensely as it is the mother language of Austria.

I hope this will be of use.

Simon

Hi Everybody,

i am Leonardo such a bad boy with a strang Habits.. i joke! i am a statistician, 32 years old. I like good conversation, cooking, playing several sports, drinking good italian wine and german beer. I am here because i need to make friends in Vienna and to improve very quickly english and german language. That's it!

Leo

Hello,

My name is Rawan, and I will be moving from London to Bregenz in January due to working in near by Hard.

I'm 23 years old, fluent in both English and Arabic.. and super nervous about moving to Austria!
I would really appreciate any advice about housing or general living in Bregenz and what's like, anything really (i'm going in absolutely blind). Hopefully, I can meet some English speakers!

Cheers,
Rawan

Hallo

My husband and I are living at the moment between Vienna and Dubai. He is German and are in love with Vienna and Austria. 😁 . We will be moving permanent to Vienna in 2 yrs time. That is if we can sort out residency for me , without the constant shengen application. 😏

I am retired from being a Biology and Science teacher for more than 30 yrs. we both love hiking in the mountains ( hence the love for Austria😎) . I am a little anxious to move, as I love having friends around me and making new ones takes some time. Specially if you are not speaking the native language. ( I did start with a course ..) Coming from sunny South Africa and living in Dubai, I hope I can adapt to the cold and rainy winters. 😉

Hello!
My name's Tessa, and I've just come to Vienna to work for a start-up called Feels Like Home (they're pretty awesome so you should check them out!).
I come from England, and am thoroughly enjoying Austria so far - even if it is a little cold!

Hi everyone
My name is Bina and I am currently in Vienna, married with no kids yet, husband is Austrian and we will definitely going to settle down in Austria.  I am from Malaysia,  could speak fluent English and a Lil bit of German. Had B1 and thinking about continuing German course in b2 if its necessary.  interest in arts and also outdoor activities. Looking for female friends especially who want to go sightseeing and maybe also coffee. :)
Cheers

Nurshabina wrote:

Hi everyone
My name is Bina and I am currently in Vienna, married with no kids yet, husband is Austrian and we will definitely going to settle down in Austria.  I am from Malaysia,  could speak fluent English and a Lil bit of German. Had B1 and thinking about continuing German course in b2 if its necessary.  interest in arts and also outdoor activities. Looking for female friends especially who want to go sightseeing and maybe also coffee. :)
Cheers

if you plan on settling in Austria you might as well continue learning the language, if you chose to work it can only help.

tessadet wrote:

Hello!
My name's Tessa, and I've just come to Vienna to work for a start-up called Feels Like Home (they're pretty awesome so you should check them out!).
I come from England, and am thoroughly enjoying Austria so far - even if it is a little cold!

Nah it's not cold, we have not gone into -12°C yet and there is still no snow, it won't be long till we reach warm temps of 40°C but that's not til July and August. Better weather the UK that's for sure.

I come from the UK and been here 8 years, don~t miss England one bit.

Oh and welcome to Vienna and Austria

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640207

Thanks!

Closed