Transport

I will be in Mauritius around last week of February to look at schools. Can anyone advise if it is at all possible to have a driver or is it fairly easy to just make use of taxi's?

Hello Karin Staples

Its fairly easy to have Taxi's everywhere on the island.

You can check out our business directory for some contacts : Taxi services in Mauritius

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : advertising your services on the forum is not allowed - please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

It depends where you are going to locate yourself. Whilst using taxi is fine, you have to realise there may be some taxi drivers who are likely to over charge you as a foreigner

Come on veek, advertising your services is not allowed on the forums !

Karin, you can find a few contacts here: taxi services in mauritius

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : advertising your services on the forum is not allowed - please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello as a citizen of Mauritius this is my advice if this is not your first trip having a rental car 🚗 is the best easy to get from a and b a cab 🚕 now a day will cost u unless u know people who can drive you

Have you been there before??

Using the bus services should be good enough during the daytime Karin.

Make sure that you do not take a risk with time and try grab the bus by 16.30 latest (although some run till 7pm, some areas are not serviced beyond 5-6pm).

My reference is with regards to the North of Mauritius, although I think there's a bigger bus-service in Port Louis (which feels kind of congested).

As far as taxis go, I think the marked ones charge Rs.150 (about 60 rand) or more for short journeys.

By contrast, a bus trip will cost about Rs. 15 - 30

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : rude comment - insults are not allowed

Thanks for all the input.