Moving from Argentina around june

hi, im a Argentinian/Italian citizen looking for a change of air, i am looking forward to move to Italy soon, the ,main concern about it is the language, i speak native spanish and some english, I just started studying Italian via "duolingo"

i have worked on industrial and household maintenance (electricitý, plumbing, masonry woodworking, etc) and also have a self employed job as beekeeper, some basic/medium IT knoledge, some diy electronics...(I love Arduino... an Italian invention :D) among other skills...in short, I consider myself a "jack of all trades"

my plan is to travel alone and settle before bringing my girlfrend with me a few months later (shewill finish her "special teacher" career by then)

my question is. How hard will it be to get a job? and what are the best cities to move to work? another concern is that most job recruitment websites i've checked only ask for more "professional" positions

Spanish is much like Italian,you should pick it up t\pretty fast

yea i've learned a lot of it in a few days, it's 1000 times easier than english for latin speakers, specially phonetics where each letter sounds the same in every word

Hi!  Your message caught my eye because I am likely moving to Argentina in September (2016).  I currently live in Italy for one year.  I am from the US (California) and will be going home in July for a month or two before heading out again for another year in South America.  I have heard wonderful things about Buenos Aires?  I am a single woman (52 years young) and have heard that Recoleta and Palermo are both good and safe neighborhoods?  I came to Italy to take a course to get TEFL certified to teach.  Unfortunately, I was given some false info about not needing a student or work VISA and being able to find a job in a school without this paperwork.  But sadly found out (after that month), that to be hired by a "good" school, they require a VISA.  I have been creative and have made it work regardless....doing private lessons, tutoring, teaching english online to chinese and babysitting/conversing with kids in english (high demand here...)  And now I realize I make a lot more money and enjoy much better NOT teaching in a school!  So all is good.  I would love some feedback from you about Argentina.  Will I be able to find work there teaching english at a school?  Private lessons?  Babysitting/speaking in english to kids?  Would I need a work VISA to do this?  I want to get the correct legal papers this time!!  I will meet with the Argentina consulate in Los Angeles when I am home.  But wanted to pick your brain about all-things-Argentina!  I would love any input you can give...and I would love to offer more advice, help or answer any questions you might have.....I love Florence!

well, i dont want to discourage you about my country, but remember that Argentina is a "3º world" country, and is on the edge of a new economic crisis, due to abrupt government changes, and a extremely high inflation rate (january 2016 is estimated about 6% monthly, while most countries have below 0.5%)

Private English classes are on high demand, but i guess you also must speak some Spanish, and babysitting, is usualy a very underpaid job in Argentina
I don`t think you can teach in public schools in Argentina without certifications, its a very bureaucratic area

About Buenos Aires, the most secure neighboorhoods are by far the most expensives ones to live, and the cheaper ones, are VERY insecure, let alone that most of Buenos Aires "state"(outside the capital city) is very dangerous

map of "insecurity" on Buenos aires city
http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/18942 … rrios.html

so sorry for the negative feedback, but it's the "cruel reality" of my country

the bright side about Argentina is that is a very "generous" country, we are only 40 millon inhabitants living in one of the largest countries and with more natural resources in the world, healthcare and education are completely free, not only to citizens but to everybody (there are lots of students from neighbour countries) also we have incredibly beautifull nature and landscape (but distances are huge)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iguazu_Fallshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andes

Thank you so very much for your honest and valuable feedback! Super helpful in making my decision on where to live in So America.  I am looking at the VISA requirements for each country and was told by the Arg Cons that I can stay in Arg for 6 months only or unless I find a  job with a "company" that will get me a work VISA.  They would not answer my question of "what if I work for myself teaching, babysitting, etc...then what type of VISA would I need?"  He skipped around the question and kept saying I would need a work vIsa from a "company."  Anyways, I will maybe stay in Argentina for 6 months, then to Chile for 3 and maybe Peru for 3?  And regarding you moving to Italy, just make sure all your papers are in order and make sure you have a student or work visa to stay past 3 months.  I fell in love with Florence, but hear there is more work in Milan and Rome, as they are bigger and more lax on their rules about papers, etc.  Come over and try a few different places for a day or two to see where you get the best vibe.  You will know right away where you belong and where it feels "right."  Each city is unique and special in their own way.  And, if it doesn't work out in one, you just move on to the next for a try on!  best of luck and thank you again!  Tracy