Visa cancelation

Hi.
Can anyone comfirm if we need to get all credit cards closed before leaving Oman on visa cancelation(although u have to come back on other companies visa). Can anyone share their experiences.

Regards

Yes I have to before I leave

It is not necessary to cancel the cards, but yes if there is an outstanding due you have to clear that in full, if that done then there is no problem. For example your credit limit is 500 OMR and you have a purchase of 100 OMR clear that in full and that's it. When you come back you just have to give a change in Address and continue using the same card.

Many thanks khan Sb it helps a lot. What about loan do we need to clear that as well or is is it ok to leave the amount equivalent to loan in bank account or have to pay in full? Like I have loan of 4000 omr and in my bank account I have 4500 omr so so I need to clear that as well or leave as it is. Regards

while cancelling visa , all loans and credits has to be cleared irrespective of returning back or not. This  was our personal experience 6 months back . And over to that its better to take suggesttion from the respective bank also and also consult 1 or 2 staff over there. we did the same and helped us to change i mean cancel visa and come back on other visa to change the company.

Iskazmi wrote:

Hi.
Can anyone comfirm if we need to get all credit cards closed before leaving Oman on visa cancelation(although u have to come back on other companies visa). Can anyone share their experiences.

Regards

Hi Iskazmi,

Prior to Visa Cancellation, all pending dues must be settled.

If you have a loan, then the company would have to make sure that you pay up before exiting, since you cannot take a loan without your company's knowledge and approval.

Personal phone bills also must be cleared. Same is the case with your bank accounts and credit cards.

In your own interest, please make sure that you exit without leaving any business unfinished.

There are many who exit without clearing their many dues and debts, but who knows some day when they least expect it, it might come back to haunt them.

That is why it is always better and advisable to be on the right side of the law - even more so, if you have plans of returning.

Hi

Thank you for your replies, yes as I am going to return back to put everything intact and no dues, my bank account has enough money more then my due loan so that the repayment is not issue, I just wanted to make sure that I am safe.

regards