27.500 AED Montly is enough

Hi everyone,

I have received a job offer to move to Abu Dhabi but I am worried about salary expectations.
They have offered me 27.500AED monthly which I am not sure whether is enough to live.

The house allowance is 8.000AED monthly which is 100k annual.

I am married with 2 little babies, 1 year and another 1 month.

I know the rent is expensive but I was looking for some apartments around 70k anual or 80k anual..

Do you think that salary is enough to live in Abu Dhabi ? Will I be able to buy food, go to some park or do something with my family sometimes, what do you think ?

The company is also including tickets home with all kids, medical ensurance for all family...

Thanks

You can accept this offer.

Does the 27, 500 include the housing allowance? I think you can live a very comfortable life with that kind of money.

Anyone saying that the offer is okay to take, needs to supply the information on what you base your statement.

Very easy just to say okay, but difficult for the OP to make up his mind without the information.

Visit www.numbeo.com and you can find prices of all things, rents, utilities, transportation etc for any place

stumpy wrote:

Anyone saying that the offer is okay to take, needs to supply the information on what you base your statement.

Very easy just to say okay, but difficult for the OP to make up his mind without the information.

We all are living in this country and we know the cost of living in this country. But I think figuring out the average expense in this country is difficult since it purely depends on the life style and it is different from nationalities to nationalities and income to income. The salary mentioned in the subject line is sufficient to live off and and make savings. Op will get to know about the expenses within 2 or 3 months by getting use to it.

You could rent a 2-bedroom apartment on Al Rheem island for 100K p.a. Transport/ Provisions etc for two adults and two infants would not cross 20K p.m. and therefore you have some info to base your choice upon. Hope this helps.

Yes, I reckon 25K basic per month upwards for a Western lifestyle

100k for a 2 bed on Reem is not true - minimum is 115k in mangroves hydra or sea view and they are not great - if the 27500 includes housing u are looking at a small place in city or a long drive from khalifa - if that's the basic + 8 then that's ample

All depends what u want - u can get a great 2 bed in Al reef for 105 k apartment and 130 villa and its an easy drive too and from Abu or dubai

Your salary is good but a few things to consider, you will have to look for housing outside of the city, for 100000 you only get a one bedroom in the sort after places, rent is normally paid in one or two checks, pay for day care which is quite expensive, the cost of living is ok depending on your life style, find out if your company pays for schooling because that is costly.

This is very good offer. You can enjoy your life your life in this Salary. All you need how you manage your life style and budget

I recommend u live in Al ghadeer. Its beautiful and u save money in the rent

It depends your life style and the way you spend money for it  . some people they are taking A ED 50000 but this money isn't enough for them .AED 27500 can spend it in one day and you  can spend it in one month or  two month it depends of you .

Well 27k is a Good Salary to Start in the UAE. Is the 8k paid seperate to you 27k salary then this offer is too good to be true. Grab it.

Abu Dhabi is a cool place. but please ensure. you are in a
1. decent locality
2. Have at least 2 parkings for you and your wife in case she get a car. or its hell.
3. know how far the nearest hospital is?
4 You water and electricity will not cross more than aed 750.00
5 you Etisalat connection for internet, phone and tv should be about aed 680.00
7.Your insurance should have pre-exsistant illness, cover dental, eye, and ENT,  pregnancy, hospital checkup, medicine etc... for the full family
8. air tickets per year for full family
9. Ensure your Basic salary is high. when you get appraisals make sure your basic goes up before any thing as your gratuity is based on your 21 days of basic pay per year.
Rest the more you can et the better.

Try this site for cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hi
Accommodation in AD is expensive.  It depends a little on what you are willing to live in but a clean 1 bedroom apartment is 95,000 to 120,000 a year. You would need 2 bedrooms so your allowance will not cover this. Food, transport, is relatively cheap but entertainment like movies around same as western countries.
Schooling is expensive but your babies probably won't need that for a while.
In my opinion 27,500 is ok for a single person and you may be able to save but not for a family.... I don't think you would save much.