Germany route, return flights?

Hi

I am arriving in Germany with my British wife at the end of March. I have a visa for family member of EU citizen. (family visa valid for 6 months and less).

do i need to book a return flight or can I fly one way to Munich?

we are traveling from South Africa.

Ask the embassy that issued your visa!

This website would not exist if it were that easy to get this kind of information from embassies.

ewalds wrote:

Hi

I am arriving in Germany with my British wife at the end of March. I have a visa for family member of EU citizen. (family visa valid for 6 months and less).

do i need to book a return flight or can I fly one way to Munich?

we are traveling from South Africa.

Check here for guidance if you cannot call the embassy and ask. http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Perhaps also check with the airline you are travelling on as they are responsible for ensuring you have the correct visa and travel arrangements.

Howzit,

Are you settling in Germany of just passing though?

Settling. Bought return flights already tho just to be safe.

oh ok,  I came over on a family re-unification visa with no return flights.

Have fun in Munich.

My wife is traveling with me and she is not there. Only my in-laws are there so don't think I can get a family reunification visa? Is that correct

I am not sure on that, I would recommend checking with the German Consulate in South Africa.  Also have your inlaws contact the local 'Ausländeramt' and see what documents they want. 

All my documents were pre-approved in Germany before I came over, I am not sure if this is a norm or not, but ask your in laws if they can check.