Bars...going out....exploring Paris

Hi

Im currently working in Paris as an au pair and have been for a few months. I was wondering where the best areas of bars are? Also there must be so many places in Paris I don't know about... any places I must see before I go home next year?

Emma

Welcome to the forum emmajane :)

I am pretty sure that members from the region will bring their contributions soon :)

Regards

Hi,

A lot of good places in Paris, but at my point of view the place to be to take a drink is in "Le quartier Latin"

Hey!

There are so many nice places in Paris! Saint Germain is really pleasant to have a drink with friends and if you prefer going out, Le Regine's near the Champs Elysees is great!

Hope it helps!

Justine

Hi and welcome on Expat.com Justine :)

Thanks for your contribution ;)

Regards
Armand

Hello
My name Ahmed from Paris original from Tunisia too i'm 31 old just back home from USA after 4 years ...:)
i browsed true the net and your ad stood up from the rest, my self as a self respected person and most of all honest, am the kind of a person who would rather be miserable saying the truth than live happy telling a lie, i love to make people laugh, i play a lot of sports (soccer-bike...)but not to the extent of exhausting, i love taking walks in the park and get-out of the city in the week-end,resto,bar.disco ...etc 
if you want to chat talk on the phone am up for it... j'espere a tres bientot
Ahmed

Hey,

Also check out some little bars in and around  montmartre, Hotel amour is also a great place for dinner and drinks. Marais also have some great friendly bars all over.

Regards
N

Best place to meet people is bastille and saint germain. If you want to practice your french let me know cause I m looking for people who will help with english maybe we can help each other.

Hi Emma!

Here's a shortlist of my fav going out areas :

- rue Oberkampf and all the surroundings
- Boulevard de Pigalle around the "Blanche" metro station.
- Le Marais, near metro station St Paul
- rue Mouffetard : I always have a blast there and the drinks are cheap
- St Michel/Odeon : lots of bars but drinks are a lot more expensive but always people there
- some bars in Bastille
- Grands Boulevards : drinks expensive but always people and depends on the bars/pubs

Well, if with that you don't find the bar that suits you, I can't help you! Hahaha

Cheers,
David.

Hi,I will be moving to the suburb of Saint-germain-en-laye in three weeks to work as an au pair for a few years so it would be great to meet up? Sounds like there are a lot of great bars where i'm moving to!

A website I really like to use to find cool bars is: Gadabout City gadaboutcity.com

But, I also like to use CityVox, which has nice reviews: cityvox.fr

And lately I was introduced to Yelp in Paris... yelp.com

I hope these help!
Q

Hi,

I am visiting Paris in September and would love to meet with some Australians who live and work there. Meet for a drink or a coffee, or if there is a good yoga studio you attend. would love to come to a class

Ammie

Hi Ammie & welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here and that you will enjoy your stay.;)

Harmonie.:)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]

u can have a lot of fun going out in paris especially if yr are ready to put yr money on it!

Hi Emma Jane i know all the best place in Paris.Fred

Hi Emma,

I'm also kinda new to Paris but have been here since May. I've explored some good bars around but based on my very own taste. If you want Irish Bar's, then there's 2 at Ponte De Nuilly (Metro 1).

Ben

hi for those who are interesting we organize a picnic tomorrow :
Hi everybody,

Summer is here! The sun and heat are here!!

So, to enjoy this moment, my english friend and I (french) we organize this Saturday an international picnic!
Where : Parc Andre Citroen

Time : 13h. We will wait 15min for the latecomers.
For those who will arrive later, ask me by private message my phone number.

Meeting point : metro station Ballard (line 8 or tram 2)

What to bring :
• Something to eat to share (salty and/or sweet) and drink.
• Plastic plates, glasses, cutterly…
• A blanket and a sun umbrella (if you have and can take it with you) because we are not sure with all the people there will be, we will find a place in the shade.
• Wear your bikini . Indeed there are fountains in this park so we will be able to refresh!!
• Hat, sunscreen cream and water

The picpic will gather different nationalities and it will be the occasion to share an international moment during summer! And maybe some next outing together!

Good picnic…I do not know how work
this site i wait news from you…Fred

Hello, sorry to revive old thread but I don't see a point making a new thread with similar inquiry :)

Was wondering where the place to go if you're a single female traveler? I read clubs only accept couples, would I have any luck coming in alone? (hopefully it wont be the case, but who knows ;) )

Any tips where to go to find new people or places to easily mingle would be appreciated :)
(Also, any good Reggae/hip hop/latin clubs? :P )

Thanks in advance.