U.S Citizen going from Riyadh to Abu Dhabi by SAPTCO... Questions

Hello,

I am a U.S citizen teaching English at King Saud University and holding the proper Iqama for that. I am going to U.A.E (Abu Dhabi specifically) in a little but to visit but I have a few questions that couldn't really be clarified by the SAPTCO customer service. So I turn to this form for help:

1) Will I need to worry about the visa, or will that be taken care of at the border?

2) Where exactly is the SAPTCO Abu Dhabi bus station? I can't seem to find that information anywhere.

3) The SAPTCO bus ticket says 04:59 as the arrival time... is this Riyadh time or Abu Dhabi time?

4) Will my Zain KSA number work after I am in Abu Dhabi to call other people in Abu Dhabi?

Thank you

My advice DON'T use buss to travel to UAE
It will take +15 hours

and you don't know who's will be with you.

You can travel by car with friends, and your visa will take only 5min to finish.
all Saudi mobile career working there, but in case you will stay a month, buy local SIM

Thank you for your advice, but I already have bus tickets reserved and I am leaving in a few days. The biggest issue for me now is the first question. I have read in many places they are no longer issuing visa at the border. Is this true?

I see I can apply for the visa online, but it is it 230 AED per family member?  Is that how much I would of had to pay at the border? I used to think the visa was free for Americans.

For US citizen visa on arrival for 30 days validity is common. However, please call the embassy and double check with them they will give you the authentic and CURRENT regulation/ information.
You might end up with lots of phone bill if used over there your KSA zen, if possible buy an Ati-salah sim card, common over there.
Last but not the least, travelling by bus to UAE is really challenging! Highway amenities are not as friendly as in US, especially rest rooms!! Any way-- good luck and have a safe trip to Abu Dhabi.

mozaffar421 wrote:

For US citizen visa on arrival for 30 days validity is common. However, please call the embassy and double check with them they will give you the authentic and CURRENT regulation/ information.
You might end up with lots of phone bill if used over there your KSA zen, if possible buy an Ati-salah sim card, common over there.
Last but not the least, travelling by bus to UAE is really challenging! Highway amenities are not as friendly as in US, especially rest rooms!! Any way-- good luck and have a safe trip to Abu Dhabi.

Agree with you 100%
you are right

I don't think Air ticket is too expensive now
Flay Dubai and Al Arabiya Air charge around 540SR, for round trip fly 45min only to Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Drive car to Dammam and take Air jet to uae is not bad, or even from Bahrain

Thank you guys for all the advise. You are definitely convincing me to fly to U.A.E in the future, but for now its too late as I have booked the tickets already. I have been hearing that U.S citizens may still be able to get it but I am trying to double check with the embassy here in Riyadh (they aren't picking up!)

No worry for visa, I'm traveling to Dubai every months, USA get visa in border
and if you call embassy, I think they will not allow for you to travel by buss :) 

buy a lot of tissue, snack with panadol
waer Tshert and sport Shoe

Thank you. What do you mean they won''t allow me to travel by bus? I should be allowed as long as I have my passport, Iqama, and exit visa.

Last time a colleague of mine attempted to travell via Saptco bus, he purchased the ticket in advance but was refused to be accepted as  passenger on the travel date by Saptco.

They said that you do not have valid visa, tough he has the online visa approval as per the new UAE regulation for the residents of GCC counties.

He was travelling with a Pakistani passport. The bus service said to get the UAE visa stamped and they will carry him in the next bus. Upon visiting the embassy they said visa will be stamped at the border.

Then he booked a flight got the visa at the immigration desk at Dubai airport with no hassle.

Nutshell fly to UAE or drive your own car.
Bus booking will not gurantee your travel.

Hi,
u don't need to apply on visa as long u r from US plz follow below link..

http://www.visitdubai.com/en/travel-pla … nformation

but remember that u need to keep your Iqama with u some times they r checking t.

Regarding bus, u will suffer t s around 15 hours but don't worry t s safe road and SAPTCO best transportation.

Good luck and enjoy

Be sure your KSA multiple entry/exit permit is valid so you can return.

hello,

1) Will I need to worry about the visa, or will that be taken care of at the border?

since airport issue visas, borders as well should do the same.

2) Where exactly is the SAPTCO Abu Dhabi bus station? I can't seem to find that information anywhere.

main bus terminal downtown

3) The SAPTCO bus ticket says 04:59 as the arrival time... is this Riyadh time or Abu Dhabi time?

Abu dhabi time

4) Will my Zain KSA number work after I am in Abu Dhabi to call other people in Abu Dhabi?

subscribe to unlimited UAE for 199/week , 99/2days

when you do, make sure to manually pair to du network in UAE other wise you will be charged a fortune.

Thank you

you are welcome

I would recommend flying. It is hassle free.