Soft Cat Foods

I have a question for the cat owners regarding the availability of soft cat food in Cuenca.  Is it available on a regular basis?  Ive heard (really not sure how true it is) but that there may be expats that sell homemade cat foods. My cat has issues with his teeth which limit his ability to eat the harder dry foods.  Ive also heard stories of the local pet foods causing sickness, has anyone seen anything like this?  And if this is the case, is there a decent availability of nonlocal soft cat food?

Dear jsn123,
I just read one of the threads under the topic of Postal Fees & Customs here that canned cat food is over $2 per can (size not indicated). The OP commented she will consider making her own when she runs out of supply brought from the US.  If you google "how to make healthy cat food," you will find many recipes.
As for stories about local pet foods causing illness, those could have originated from another country (name omitted) that isn't regulated by an FDA or quality control agency.

How old is your kitty?

I have lived overseas and even in a modernized country [name omitted], supermarkets often ran out of pet food and surprisingly, they didn't have a variety of better brands so any one with a special needs pet would be in a precarious situation.  Interestingly, though, antibiotics for pets were OTC at the local pharmacy and very cheap compared to the US where Rx is required and cost is often more than for humans. To get back on track to your thread, I'd definitely google cat food recipes. I'll see what I can find.
PS, a pet lover and volunteer at local
humane society