Lots of questions about prospective move to KSA

Hello everyone, Merry Xmas.

Have been offered a contract in Riyadh for an excellent role with a large company.
I was approached for the role was not looking for it specifically but it come at a good time both career and personal wise as my kids are 6 and 8 and fairly portable, and as a family we were also looking for an expat move anyway in the next 12-18m.

I visited Riyadh in December and had a whirlwind tour of the company, the city and the Fal and Ranco compounds.

Anyway long story short I would like to ask some advice - apologies in advance  for the amount of advice I need and how daft some of the questions probably are ;):

> Where can I get relocation advice ? Am looking for a company or someone I can speak to about the practicalities of relocation.

> I have an accommodation allowance of 220k SAR/yr and have spent a lot of time surfing around rightcompound.com, compound websites, blogs etc. and have narrowed down the compound wish list to Al Hamra, Al Bustan, Kingdom and Ranco.
Thoughts ? Bringing wife and 2 kids along so need some entertainment/schooling.
Speaking with compounds on email and when I was in KSA the first two have 3 bed villas at 300k+ p.a. ! I know they are open to negotiation but what "discount" is normal ?

> To help me sort out the job offer, please can anyone give me a ball park monthly budget for a family of 4 living in Riyadh ?

> Should we go as a family straight away or should I go first for the probation in case it doesn't work out ?
> My wife is a teacher would she need a special visa to work in the UK or US school ?

Thanks. Am sure I will have more questions !

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid copy-paste
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct