Moving to Malta in April 2016

Hello
My husband and I have bought a one way ticket to Malta.  we fell in love with the island 2 years ago when our daughter got married there. 
We would be grateful for any advice on where you think the best place to live is and even jobs.  I am a swimming instructor and higher level teaching assistant,  my husband is a car sprayer (also he is exceptionally good at tiling and plastering).  Even the best phone sim advice would be good.
Any help would be really super
Thanks

Hi,
This is a rough guide!!!

North of island, more tourists.
Middle, where the money is
South, cheaper end, with less good roads, but getting better!

We live in Marsascala (south) and love it.

There are jobs but pay will be low. So is cost of living (but rising a little).

We know English handyman who could work 24 hours a day, if they wanted.
If you're are quick, polite, clean up after yourself and offer quality then you'd probably do OK in any business, especially plastering etc.

I know an English guy who says Maltese don't want cheap they want quality (or there is a big enough market for this to keep him and his business busy).

Sorry, but the Maltese (I love them) but they have much to learn re customer service. If you know how to treat people well in a professional setting and can do some marketing, I think you'll succeed in most things here.

Sliema or St Julians, near Balluta bay

There's a club there where you can find a job as a swimming instructor, no problem; don't remember what it's called tho, but you can't miss it.
Regarding your husband's job, what MovingToTheMed said.