How to Open a company in Ho Chi Minh

Dear Constantine,

I have a question and sorry for out of the topic. Is that true that now everybody need special license to do export, import, and distribution in Vietnam?
Business license cant be used for that purpose again.
If anyone can help, please post the answer here.
Thank you.

Hi thank you for full information so you can help me for business license now i export from Vietnam and looking open company

HI
THIS IS KRISHNAN FROM INDIA . PLEASE CONNECT ME *

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you
summer78 wrote:

please every one

do you know how to open a company here in VN (HCMC)?
office, better way, everything...

please help me to understand about it

regards

Vietnam government already made many changes in the law on investment and enterprise, which encourage foreign investment to Vietnam. Although some limits for foreign business, I can see the effort and create opportunities for expats to do business in Vietnam.
And now, a foreigner can hold a 100% foreign owned business in Vietnam, but there are some factors control the process of business set up in Vietnam:
+ Business fields (whether it is prohibited or required conditions to process, it is following WTO Commitment and Vietnam law on investment which declares 267 conditional business fields)
+ Product (whether it is prohibited or need any license to distribute in Vietnam)
+ Nationality of owner (Seldom)
+ Location (sometimes, for some industries, starting a business in Hanoi (capital) is easier than in other cities)
For any foreign owned business in Vietnam, the steps of setting up your business could be listed as:
a, Step 1: Obtaining Certificate of investment registration
It allows you to invest in Vietnam
b, Step 2: Obtaining Certificate of business registration
It allows you to open company in Vietnam
c, Step 3: Post license procedure
opening company bank account, company stamp, tax registration
d, Obtaining other licence
There are some conditional business fields that require foreign business to acquire before start business in Vietnam. Please send me your business plan, I will help you to check whether your business is prohibited or require any conditions.
--
XXX

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote/propose your services on the forum. Kindly register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
TimmyW wrote:

Dear Constantine,

I have a question and sorry for out of the topic. Is that true that now everybody need special license to do export, import, and distribution in Vietnam?
Business license cant be used for that purpose again.
If anyone can help, please post the answer here.
Thank you.

Dear Timmy,
For your information, trading or commodity distribution is now a conditional business field in Vietnam. Beside the normal procedures of a foreign investment in Vietnam, you will need to acquire the business license, as a additional compulsory license to operate your trading/distribution business. This license will allow you to import commodity to Vietnam, distribute in Vietnam.
The business license will be issued by The city People of Committee, in time 15-30 business days.
I know you might think it is so long for a business license, but it is a requirement.
Fortunately, I am seeing many changes from the city authority, they are applying many new policies, that might make a better business environment.
I hope this answer make you understanding about the Business license issue. If there is any further query, please post here or let me know via message.
Thank you.

May I know which nationality you are? What is your trade ?

Regards

Francis Ong

This post is 10 Month?

Opening is difficult but closing the Company is worse. You better think twice before opening. Even when you are losing money the Govt in Vietnam still expect you to pay $$ before you can close the Company.

Yeah, I heard of this too. Scary

Like in the most countrys bevor you can close your company you habe to pay the tax.................Socialfees.. . .

Not just that and the hidden coffee money which they never states amount. If there is no fixed fee it means problem for foreigners like us. Paying coffee money is not an issue but we need to know the price to pay. If the price is variable, it can go crazily high.

lifeissimple wrote:

Opening is difficult but closing the Company is worse. You better think twice before opening. Even when you are losing money the Govt in Vietnam still expect you to pay $$ before you can close the Company.

Could you please introduce how to close the business? I am from China, I'd like to know is it more difficult to close a business in VN than in China.