Feeding Stray Cats

There are plenty of stray cats in Corniche Street, Abu Dhabi, and most of them are so friendly and cute.  Me and my friend whom I met during this activity are feeding them and we are sharing the expenses now. Presently we are only two to share the expenses and it will be a great help if anyone to volunteer because the number of cats are too much. Can anyone be a part of it? (either individually or as a group) The location is in between Corniche Sheraton and Sofitel. It will be a great fun to spend some time with those furry friends. And will be a help for us as well. (And the cats)

Awesome!

I am in and can contribute to the expenses. However, I cannot be near cats. (Allergies, ugh)

Mozammil_K wrote:

Awesome!

I am in and can contribute to the expenses. However, I cannot be near cats. (Allergies, ugh)

Wonderful! Thanks a lot to be initiative. You don't want to be close to the cats, but you can come and see how the things are. Please PM your contact so that we can get i touch with.

Cool!!

Done ;)

At what time you guys are feeding? I live near by and interested.

LindaBlackwell wrote:

At what time you guys are feeding? I live near by and interested.

Good to know. We are feeding the cats after 06:30 PM.

Sounds great!  Please PM more about

LindaBlackwell wrote:

Sounds great!  Please PM more about

I did :)

Tooooo many cats!! wonderful job. Need more people

The BEST thing you can help with - apart from the great service of feeding these lovely animals - is to get them spade (desexed). Stop the breeding of more homeless cats... very humane.  Good work guys, for all the love you are sharing..... xx

JayaChelaDrolma wrote:

The BEST thing you can help with - apart from the great service of feeding these lovely animals - is to get them spade (desexed). Stop the breeding of more homeless cats... very humane.  Good work guys, for all the love you are sharing..... xx

Thanks a lot for your reply and compliment. About TNR, Yes, we are doing that with the help of Animal Welfare Abu Dhabi and the founder of that organization Dr. Susan L J Aylott is helping us as a free service. But the question is, who will feed them? Someone should be initiative and that's why I created this thread.

That is really GOOD news...  bless you all. I think feeding those beautiful animals, is such a lovely gift..  I watch so many videos here in UAE, of many organisations in the world who are doing such amazing work with abused, neglected, abandoned animals.  You know, you've triggered something here....  I have not got the luxury of having an animal whilst I'm living such a transient life in UAE... I don't know how long I'll be here (maybe another 4-5 years); and I really miss having a cat to cuddle.. and the stray  cats here are very skittish - you cannot get near them. And I don't want too much responsibility as my work load and hours needed to do my job properly mean, I cannot spare much time... but..  I think I'll look at feeding some of the strays around here...  best I can. I adore cats, as I do all animals... and hate seeing how they must live...  I've always had cats, until here. So... I'll see what I can do. But hey, good work. Its a lovely service to the Divine energy of all living sentient beings, that you offer such a loving effort -- all of you.  Post some pics if you can... xx jcd.

Thanks once again for your kind words. I don't know how to upload pictures in a forum, ( I tried, but it is asking to paste the url, not the pictures) so I suggest you to pass by and see things. We have 3 feeding stations in this area. You can PM your contact details, either to me or LindaBlackwell so that we can meet and discuss about TNR in your area.

http://tinypic.com/r/nbxly8/9

I think I'm successful. Lol  :D

shanafashyaana wrote:

[img align=c]http://tinypic.com/r/nbxly8/9[/url]

I think I'm successful. Lol  :D

No....you are not lol :D

Not quite successful with the pics, yet!  The link is not active...     :/   So..  we will have to be patient. I will let you know when I am able to come to Abu Dhabi.... not so easy now the teaching semester has begun!   But if you get the pics sorted, let us know, okay?  :)

Are you not living in Abu Dhabi?

http://i67.tinypic.com/nbxly8.jpg

I think this will work

No - I'm in Al Ain (1.5 hours drive away). But I congratulate you all on your kindness.....   so good to see such compassion in action.... xx j.

YES! The link is active....  What gorgeous black and white kitties - a real medley of them.. !  Thank you for persevering with your post...  I am most grateful. Lovely to see them being cared for....

Thanks for your reply. This picture is of one feeding station and we have 2 more main feeding stations. Apart from these, we have some  small stations which one or two cats are living in the surroundings. Those are the areas which we feed directly. Rest of the areas are feeding by the watchman in this area and we will provide him the food. Me, and LindaBlackwell were on a discussion on yesterday and were working on the expenses and prospect of this. So, I have to reveal the following facts
1. Number of cats are increasing, so, one packet of dry food and 2 cans of wet food is sufficient only for two days!
2. Apart from individual purchase of food, we are making bulk purchase from 'Bhagat Cat Food' which they will deliver it directly to the watchman ( His name is Mohammad) They will send us the bill and we are sharing the expenses.
3. There are injured and sick cats, but we have the support from some groups which will take care of the medical, vaccination and other expenses.
4. Food expense is costing more than AED 2500 per month including bulk and individual purchase.
Even though it's an expensive task, we can not even think of stopping this since the cats are too friendly  and whenever they see us, they will come to us and purr. (It is heartbreaking) So we need support. But, we jointly took a decision that we will never accept money from anyone, but if anyone can provide cat food (cats need dry and wet)  that will be a great help.
If anyone can support us, please PM your contacts either to me or LindaBlackwell.

Such an honourable thing to do....  bless you both.  And putting the call out for donated supplies of cat food is best.  :):one

We are three, one more person is there in our team, but she is not in expat.com. I joined only 4 days back with these people. :)

I've noticed on youtube and vimeo, that people doing this kind of work do much better with donations if they FILM and PHOTOGRAPH what they are doing... make little stories. Just a hint: if anyone is savvy in setting up a social media page and a youtube/vimeo account, then filming (mobile phone is okay; and iPhone or smart phones have good quality camera's in them); then editing the rescue stories - or at very least the progress each fortnight (two videos a month) - of what you are doing. You are more likely to be supported in your venture if people can see something solid for their donations....  and.. I personally LOVE watching the stories unfolding. Make the music sad; then happy, appropriate to the story from beginning to ending with a 'happy ending'.  People love, 'happy endings' these days....  Just a tip. Might help. 

Here are two very good channels to get you started, for some examples of stories, happy endings, progress reports:
Hope for Paws https://www.youtube.com/user/eldad75   
Vet Ranch: https://www.youtube.com/user/VetRanch

Based on your interest, I suggest you to like the Facebook page  "the bin kitty collective"

Done.  ;)

Done :D

welcome to our rescue group and be ready to be a rescuer  :heart::D

nivyne hamlili wrote:

welcome to our rescue group and be ready to be a rescuer  :heart::D

Hi! Thanks a lot for responding, and keen to know more about. Can you provide the food?

hi shana ,yes i do provide food to my big colony in khalifa A .
if you are new to the rescue group do let me know if you need info .
there is another group called fund and feed network also about feeding stray cats they have many colonies in different areas in abuadahbi  i think corniche is covered also .

nivyne hamlili wrote:

hi shana ,yes i do provide food to my big colony in khalifa A .
if you are new to the rescue group do let me know if you need info .
there is another group called fund and feed network also about feeding stray cats they have many colonies in different areas in abuadahbi  i think corniche is covered also .

Hi nivyne!

I gave you a PM. Please check :)