PRIVATE ENGLISH TEACHER FOR HOME LESSONS

My Girlfriend in HCM is preparing to take the IELTS Life Skills A1 Test in August. She needs a private English Teacher who can help her with Grammar and Pronunciation.

Does anyone know any English Teachers in HCM?

Cheers
Gary

Hi Gary,

Please have a look at the Language classes in Vietnam section of the website. You might find a tutor.

All the best
Bhavna

I can help. ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please share your contact via the private message system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello, my name is Dan. I have a BA in English and over 300 hours TESL instruction certification (Teaching English as a Second Language) from the University of Hawaii, USA. I have been teaching for 9 years and would be happy to assist your girlfriend with her English Language skills.

I will be landing in HCMC on the evening of January 12, 2016, and staying in the Go Vap District.

Please let me know if I can be of some assistance to you.

Sincerely,

hi
can I help you?
write me at xxx
hoping to hear you soon

regards

Reason : Please kindly exchange contact details via the private messaging system

Hi summer. My girlfriend is currently receiving English lessons from a Vietnamese teach who isn't working out.

We are paying 2,200,000 VND for three 11/2  hours lessons a week. Phuong has been coming to My's house.

Is this something you would be interested in?

Regards

Gary

Hi,

Check this out at nghenoitot.com, i hope it will work for your GF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MVUVZrbHHQ

They provide one by one class, my nephew learn with them and good comments.

Hope this help

Cheers

Thank you very much John

Cheers
Gary

Hello Gary!

I'm an Online Private English Teacher for 7 years.  I do my class session on skype. 
If you consider this kind of tutoring, add me on skype : young_engeli or give me a call : +*** for more information. 

Best Regards,

Engeli

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security + post your offer in the classifieds section section

Thank you for your reply. I have found a teacher. I trust you understand.

Sincerely
Gary

Hi Jamie are you still in a position to discuss helping my fiancé with English lessons?

Regards

Gary

Hi Drutter are you still in a position to discuss English lessons for my Fiance?

Regards

Gary

Hi summer are you still in a position to discuss helping my Fiancé with English lessons?

Regards

Gary

Hi
My name is Shawn
I am a English teacher here in Tan Binh near the airport
I have been teaching here for 8 years.
I am an American.
I would be glad to send you a CV if you would like..

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private + drop advert in Teaching Jobs section

Hi Gary,

Im an IELTS teacher with qualifications in CELTA AND TWENTY YEARS TEACHING ielts. I am writing a book which helps students score well in the four band scores lexical register, cohesion and coherence, grammar range ability and the task response. I have taught in China Denmark and Cambridge England and I have been teaching in HCM for a year an a half at the AMA school on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai where I am presently developing the curriculum.   
   If I dont hear from you I wish you and your partner all the best.
[Moderated]
   David

Reason : Please do not propose your own services on the forum. Drop an advert in the Teaching job offers in Ho Chi Minh City section.

Hi Shawn, thank you for your message. In some ways I have hit the wall with respect to finding an English teacher that I can afford.
I have been paying a Vietnamese teacher 2,200,000 VND a month to teach my Fiance (My Dung)
three times a week. She has been providing My with three 1 ½ lessons per week. Unfortunately, Mys progress has been regrettable.  As a result, I have been looking for an alternative teacher.

My hands are tied with respect to the funds I have available.  I was wondering if we could work out some kind of arrangement for helping My Dung given my budget.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Gary

I'm an English teacher, Kytain. I have experience (over 20 years) helping international students gain their IELTs, among other things. Vietnam is new territory for me but I'd be happy to meet and talk about her needs and if we can work together. My email address is: ***

Sincerely,

Brian

Brian Lindgreen
BA (English); T-E-S-L Certified

Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Brian thank you for your message. It has been challenging to find an English teacher to help my Fiance.  I have a limited budget.

My girlfriend needs to pass the IELTS Life Skill A1 Test (listening, understanding and talking only - no written skills) with a marriage Visa Application we are working on. Given this, I have helped her with English Lessons. My Dung (my Fiance) is currently using a Vietnamese English teacher who is charging us 2,200,000 VND a month. Phuong comes to My's  house and provides English lessons for 1 ½ hours three times a week. My's progress has been regrettable. As a result, I have been looking for a new teacher.

Given this background, are you open to discussing a potential teaching arrangement with My. I do not live in HCM so we would need to communicate online. I trust you understand.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Gary

Hello Gary,

My son is teaching English there, just moved back down to HCMC and is looking for students.

Scott

Hi Gary. I can sympathize with your situation. Your budget explains a bit why you've only gotten a Vietnamese teacher so far. That's a lot of teaching time. ($100 / 16 hrs month = $6.25 / hr.) There's also the matter of travel time.

I'd like to help you, but budget is also a consideration for me. For VND 2 200 000 / month, I cannot  teach more than 1 hour twice a week, with an initial lesson/consultation of 1.5 hrs to assess My's comprehension and prepare for what follows. (I often go a little beyond an hour as any lesson may require.) The other option is to increase the budget, which I would recommend if you're serious about passing Life Skills.

Sorry this may not be the answer you were looking for, but I'd like to help if I can.

Sincerely,

Brian

Hello everyone,

As promotion of your services is not allowed on the forum and there have been so many on this thread.

I suggest you contact the initiator via his advert here : https://www.expat.com/en/classified/eur … ssons.html

All the very best
Bhavna

Hello
  Yes, I have just arrived here in HCMC this past Wednesday evening (on the 12th) and would be grateful for the income.
  I am in the Go Vap district. Are you located anywhere near here?
Awaiting Your Reply,
Dan

Hi Dan thank you for the reply. During the last two weeks I have identified an English teacher I am going to try. If things do not work out I will be in touch. I trust you understand.

Best Regards

Gary

Hello Kytain

Yes, of course, I understand and I will be happy to assist you in any way I can in the future, should you desire my assistance.
Best Regards,
Dan

Hi there. I am preparing for IELTS test. Let me know if you still need help. ***

Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

@Ksu_San

For security reasons do not post ANY personal contact details on the open forum. Use the PM system for this.

My girlfriend needs to take the IELTS Life Skill A1 Test in August. How much do you charge to help someone with an objective like this?

Regards
Gary

@ stumpy

Right, sorry. And thank you. =)