Moving to PP at the end of march

Hi all
I am moving to pp, although I met and have friends  at the bluedog bar I was wondering where would be the best places to meet new people?
Also good areas to rent a flat would be helpful ☺
Thanks

I am living in BKK1 area, its nice and quiet and around a lot of coffee shops food stores etc. The best way to meet new people would probably around the river front. There are a lot of expat own bars and restaurants on that strip so your likely to bump into some cool people.
Ive been living back in forth from here and the states since I was a kid and always looking for cool people to meet.

If you are interested in meeting people in Phnom Penh, I'd suggest staying away from the riverside as you're more likely to meet tourists. Join some of the Phnom Penh Facebook groups as they are constantly posting activities and events happening in the city. Spend time on Street 278 and Bassac Lanes where there are lots of little restaurants, bars and cafes where local expats tend to gather. Attend Comedy Night or Nerd Night (facebook.com/nerdnightphnompenh), go to The Flicks movie house or Meta House (meta-house.com).

BKK1 is a lovely area but tends to be more expensive and not sure of your budget. We are in BKK3 (near Tuol Sleng) which is cheaper, as is the Tuoltompong area (Russian Market). Everything is walkable or within an easy tuktuk ride away.

Good luck!

Hi Gut..

I was looking for an apartment in September and through trial and error discovered that the Russian market area bkk3 has the highest  concentration of apartment rentals and the best prices. You can spend between $250 and $300 for a basic western style apartment. I opted for a new luxury apartment with rooftop pool a really well equipped gym steam sauna jacuzzi cleaning service restaurant if that suits you better something like this will run you $700 to $1000 in bkk3 or $1500-$2000 in diamond island.

As far as meeting people goes the previous posts added some good suggestions but not entirely accurate as the Riverside area is a tourist area but plenty of expats frequent bar/restaurants like metro cafe and the  fcc so it's hit and miss. There are  hidden gems scattered all around the city  depending on your taste in entertainment. Blue dog is kind of hard to beat as far as mix of locals and expats cheap drinks and ok food.

Good luck  with your move ....

Thanks for all the helpful advice☺

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your own hotel on the forum. Kindly register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Wow...honestly Toul Sleng is never a relaxing 5 minute Tuk Tuk ride from the riverside. If you are traveling from 7:30am to 9:30 am 12:00pm to 1:30 pm or  5:00pm to 7:00pm from say riverside street 148 to toul sleng you are looking at a minimum 30 minutes by Tuk Tuk, let's keep it real on this site because people use this as a source of  accurate information and people who mislead others to sell their services should not be allowed to  post here.

You are correct Mr. Mike, we should change it to 15min. if you travel these streets a lot... especially during peak hours!! it could even take you one hour... but from the Toul Sleng passing Bluedog it doesnt take us more than 10 min in the morning and evening. But you right... We will keep it real and change it to 30 min... Thanks  ;)