Expat Opportunities

Hi everyone,

after spending some time in SEA over the last few years,  I am considering to search for an expat job in SEA, including Thailand. Living there would interest me, after spending my whole life in Germany and Great Britain.

I hold a MA (Hon), and worked in Project Management for 5 years (involved in technical projects as well in operational integration after a took over) followed by 3 1/2 working as Strategic Manager in the Operative area of a large UK Bank. Currently working for a German tax consultancy, but just started in that field.

I am just wondering, are there job opportunities in my field of expertise (prefer strategic management over project management) for an expat in Thailand?
And what would be the right way to approach this (need to contact agencies etc.)? I never done the expat route, but I lived abroad for a long time (it was still within Europe), but I am now in a part of my life where I see this as a great chance to do this step.

Just gathering some information, and trying to get the right feel if this is the right thing, and if I could find something in my field of experience.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I would suggest a Google search. Get contact details of companies that interest you or are advertising and contact them.
Also look for agencies and contact them. Be prepared for  a long hard road as, although you will send out many emails you will not get many replies.
There is a long list of jobs that are not permitted for westerners so again a Google search will tell you.

Honestly best way is to find a multinational which recruit you in Europe and which have presence in Thailand like car manufacturer ( for example Nissan in UK have big plant in Sunderland or Milton Keynes as well as in Switzerland, France, etc... and have manufacturing in Thailand, Indonesia, etc.. and others places, of course Japan too ), or type of industries ( even big lawyer's group ), and then you will have access to job available everywhere and it will be easier for transfer, up to you to search in this direction, after you can look at all the job website in Thailand but not easy if you are not here for interviews ( just type in google jobs in Thailand and you will find many website ), but you need visa, work permit to be able to work here, many also constraint for company to recruit foreigners as priority is given to local, or they have to recruit 4 local people for each foreigners, except for specific companies which have BOI status ( Board of investment : http://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=index ) you can search in this area also... good luck

Thanks for your replies.
I think the path of looking for a company here is currently not an option. Hence I am trying to look for companies who recruit expats (where I build some expertise - so mainly in the financial industry).

Could anyone recommend any specific recruitment agencies I could contact in Thailand?

Oh, and I didn't expect it to be easy. I can imagine it will be challenging, but a move there would be the right thing for me now I think

In my previous post I stated ' agencies ' which are employment agencies. You are best to go onto Google and research this yourself.

Have just returned back to Pattaya after living here most of last year.  I have previously worked for Marriot Pattaya Hotel & Spa, also Hooters.

Just looking for a new job in bar or hotel now, can anyone help??? Open to any suggestions.

Cheers Chris