Steps to bring Dominicana to US as housekeeper

Hello all,

I am new to forum and recently visited the DR with my wife.  I was wondering if anyone can provide me with steps and the process of bringing a Dominicana to the US as a live-in housekeeper?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. I've never heard of anyone trying to do this and my gut feeling is it is highly unlikely you will get this done.

Thanks for the response.  Can you tell me why you believe it could not happen?

Thanks!

its taken over one year to get my wife to the USA. still waiting on interview. Good luck

Let me clarify my question, my wife (who is American) and I would like to obtain a short visitors pass for a potential Dominicana housekeeper.  We would like to initially have them visit our home for 2 to 3 weeks on a trial basis.  What are the steps to make this short visit happen? 

Thanks.

much of it depends on you. generally unskilled labor is not allowed. there are situations where it can happen, when and if it does be prepared for at least two years.  No one has a right to bring a servant into the USA. it can be done if you meet the requirements but my guess if your asking you do not meet them. you can find out everything you need to know from the state dept in the USA. That is the best source for info. Diplomats bring servants. you have to have a written contract I know and pay them us minimum wages.

http://www.immihelp.com/http://www.state.gov/http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/e … e/nvc.html

first is a non government site
all your questions can be answered if you are willing

my step son and grandson just got there visitors visa this week. you may try that. its still a long process. My daughter does immigration here in Puerto plata and it still took them 6 months to get the visitor visas.
But I agree with the Planner, very unlikely you will get one to come legally and work

Thanks Texasdonkey!

rapperton wrote:

Thanks Texasdonkey!

Your welcome, not sure I helped any but I tried

Getting a visitors visa or any other kind of visa for a non skilled worker here has less of a chance than a snowballs chance in Hell. 

Even if she qualified (owned property, had a reasonable bank account, family here, job here and reasons to return) the process will take years and cost $$$$$$$

You would be better off finding a Dominican back home and hire her, if you heart is set on a Dominican housekeeper.

Bob K

Thanks Bob!  I think you tackled my question well.  I am in full understanding that obtaining a visitors pass is an impossible endeavor.

Bob K,

I have one last question:

What factor(s) determine whether a native Dominicana is considered and "unskilled worker" or not?

Thanks!

No job, no bank account, no property, no nada....leads to "unskilled: and  a rapid NO visa.

Even with all of the above and a reason to return to the DR it usually takes YEARS to get a visia

Bob K

I GUESS THAT MEANS NO

It would be a BIG NO

Bob K

Got it Bob.  Thanks for the help!  Much appreciated!

You are welcome. Have a great holiday season

Bob K

But a real big kudo for wanting to try!    Bob had a good idea,  hire a Dominican there needing work.  There are many I believe depending of course where you live.