Situation Situation

Hello readers,

Its been a while since I last shared something here.. But that is about to change (woahh). :):)

I was based in Riyadh couple of years ago..and now Jeddah. Jeddah roads.. especially the traffic is brilliant on Friday mornings.. (i hope you can feel the sarcasm already). So I decided to go on a ride this morning.. yep you read it right - i didn't drive. I was riding a motorbike... :) Whilst enjoying the curves of voluptuous Jeddah, I ended up roadside.. to cut the long story short, i couldn't estimate the dept of the curve and crashed. I was back on my feet in couple of minutes and felt the bruises.. but no major injury *touch wood*.

The crash wasn't horrific, but I must assure you I am glad to be alive.. oh the feeling of being alive!! :D Anyway I called Najm and the infamous white Toyota with yellow lights turned up after 40mins or so.. The poor guy was a thorough gentleman. However on Najm system he was unable to "find" the bike insurer and left the matter to the capable hands of "God knows who"..

After few phone calls, a friend of mine turned up with his mates from Harley-Davidoff Owners Group (read HOG). Not riding a Harley wasnt an issue at all. All helped to load the bike on a truck and off we go... It was a pleasure meeting part of HOG community.

Couple of hours later.. came the bruises to check on me.. Ofcourse I didnt give them the due attention.. hence they wanted to have a word with me.. Let me put into simplest words.. the conversation with the bruises wasn't a nice one.. the ache and stiffness had already started to kick-in..

I decided to see a doctor.. (woah!!) I went to 2 private clinics and 1 private hospital. Nobody wanted to see me at all.. yep. I was in agonising pain. i mentioned my situation. I was told to present some sort of green coloured card from my employer which would cover my expenses. But that wasn't the issue either. I suggested to pay upfront. The story completely changed. I had to bring a Police report to be checked. F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!!

After spending few hours on the road, trying to get checked by a doctor - i finally gave up. i must admit as frustrating as it has been today, my couch made up.. the love and comfort it provided to me.. no doctor is Saudi would know off.

So i realised today, if you crash in Saudi, please have the green coloured document from your employer with you - along with all other documents you are required to have. Else you could be taking your last breaths and across the counter a polite lady would tell you, to go elsewhere..

If you have had similar incidents.. il be happy to read about it. :)

That's why I did not buy any motorcycle here. I am not aware of roads yet and moreover, people at times, drive rough.
Back there in my country, I rode a cruiser motorcycle. I even would go on long expeditions in Ladakh. (one of the toughest terrains in the world).
Hope, you recover soon...

Thanks mate.

I must say riding a bike isnt a bad idea at all here in Saudi.. until you are on the bike.. not otherwise. lol