Nocturne life in Cuenca

Olah,

I'm actually student in Oxford (ENG) and after my studies I wanna going to South America to learn spanish and (maybe) obtain my C1. But, I would know If the night life is really interesting or not ? It's not the only one thing that I research ; however it's pretty good If you can enjoy your stay, isn't it?

I don't like so much staying in my house, so, If the city having specials events, it could be more interesting to join it.  How about the day ? Do you have some activities ? It's very quiet or If you're young you can make parties/meet people ?

Warmest regards,

Celieno

A young man such as yourself can meet lots of folks in an international capital such as Quito, if you can speak Spanish or communicate with the locals and visitors.

A visit to Foch Plaza puts you within a three-minute walk of dozens of cantinas, karaokes and other watering holes filled with young people looking for dancing, partying, hook-ups and/or singing.

There are Gringo-friendly meetup groups (albeit largely attracting Expats older than yourself) and I can send you or any member contact information via PM messaging if you like.

In other parts of the city, there are hostess bars where -- starting with a $3 admission including one drink -- you are pretty much guaranteed never to be lonely.

cccmedia in Quito

Celieno wrote:

How about the day ? Do you have some activities ? It's very quiet or If you're young you can make parties/meet people ?

Daytime connections are less organized and your success is more likely to depend on your abilities to speak Spanish and make approaches.

Shopping malls and the big main campus of Universidad Central de Ecuador off Quito's Avenida América are likely spots.  University students might be charmed to meet a traveled Oxford man such as yourself, especially if you can muster up some español or find some English majors.  Ask around for the student union, which might be identified as the cafetería.

Another strategy:  meet folks at night and plan a date/coffee meetup/study session for daytime.

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you for your answer ;)

Quito is very big and I can easily imagine that you can meet a lot of people. My biggest concern was about Cuenca even If Quito could be interesting. Of course, I'm going to South America to learn spanish even If actually, my abilities are very low (atm) ahah. But I'm easy-going then It's not too difficult for me to speak with others people.

I would know If the city is attractive or not for young people (Cuenca).

Shopping malls and the big main campus of Universidad Central de Ecuador off Quito's Avenida América are likely spots.  University students might be charmed to meet a traveled Oxford man such as yourself, especially if you can muster up some español or find some English majors.

Good to know  :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you for the informations !