Do you have any plan for Tet holidays ?

Tet in Vietnam is the most special event.
It's very great if you travel to HCMC or any other provinces of Vietnam to see the celebrated streets
But Vietnamese tend to come back hometown to gather with family, so the city would be not many people.
Do you have any plan for new year or Tet holidays ?
As a person who has lived for 20 years in HCMC, Vietnam, I can suggest some information for you to have a memorable holidays in Vietnam

Hue

Hi Anh,

i will be in HCM during Tet holiday. Could you advice me which place will have the main attraction. It is my first time to experience tet in vietnam. I hope it would be a memorable experience.

Hi Timmy,

It would be great if you could take this occasion to travel around Vietnam to see the traditional Tet of Vietnamese. Because of Tet atmosphere in HCM is quite peace i think.

Any other city you can suggest Minh?

Hi Timmy,

During Lunar New year, i highly recommend you come to suburb villages. Probably not Ho Chi Minh, if you have a friend here, in Vietnam. it is gonna be a great experience if they can bring you to their home then it would be more realistic and touching to see the traditional costume and norm. Anyway, if you have none, i suggest to visit Hoi an which is an ancient town with cosy vibe and you can catch so many pictures of conventional activities.
Anyway, i hope you will enjoy your time in Vietnam during this holiday.
Ciao ciao

Hi Ciao Ciao,

Thanks for ur suggestion. I will check with my friends first. Worse part I am gonna take tour to somewhere. Maybe Hoi an like your advice. Thanks a lot.

Do you know any interesting place or activity in Hue ?

Hi Timmy, Hoi An is a good choice because of it's tradition and ancient. Otherwise, I think you should have a try to visit the sounth of Vietnam such as Ho Chi Minh city and Mekong Delta. Hochiminh city is the most developed city in Vietnam, I know there are many interesting activities in Tet holidays, Mekong river is famous for floating market, local people trading on boat. It's must be a experience that you should try. If you are interested in photography, you can have many amazing shots with scenery in Vietnam

Hi Anh,
Any main attraction in hcm during tet?
Cause i decide to stay in HCM and want to see the city without crowded bikes.

Hi dear,
Of course we have activities in HoChiMinh city, and I'm surely that it's colorful and fun, flower park in the open air, the park is extremely huge in Dist 7, people in colorful and traditional. Let's stay in city to have nice shots some days then take tour to suburb or else you want. I don't think the most hectic city like HCM is boring during the most special holiday time, and expats here also crowded.

Hey guys i'll be in HCMC from Feb 10 to 15. I might head to Dalat on the 11th but be back after 2 days. should there be upcoming meet ups let me know coz i want to join. And if you plan on heading somewhere outside HCMC i would like to join as well and if that doesn't work let us just hang out i'm sure the Tet celebration would not be boring in HCMC. see yah

Hi there

I have visitors from Europe and would like to take them on a Mekong river trip to see the floating markets.  Would you know if the markets are 'open' during this Tet-week, or would they be closed like so many other shops and markets?

Also, would you know whether there's a local bus going to the beach, Vun Tau?

Thank you in advance.

Lisa2016