ADVETI Dec 2015 London interviews

Whichever address you put down is where they will send it to.

So if you put down the UAE embassy and the department it will go back to that address.

Thanks

You sure UAE embassy are pretty fast?

I spoke to someone at the FCO by phone today abt how to send docs to them. He said they only need certified copies (not originals) as long as the copies have been certified by a solicitor or notary.
Has anybody already done the FCO process? And did you only send the certified copies?

Someone told me get colour copies but they look so real it can cause second thoughts

I used a colour copy and everything went through okay. The whole process took 7 working days.

I sent it to my recruiter last week, no problems.

Thanks for the info. Off to staples it is then!

By post?

If so that's well good

Just got my contract guys. :D

Wow congrats..ma shaa Allah.. what does it say and where did u get?.

Congrats me too

Hello
I am also waiting for my final contract? Anyone still waiting ?

Yes I am

Which agency are you with
I've been told to wait three weeks
Im already second week in

I'm with world teachers..been told I shud hear something by end of the week so just waiting to be honest.

When did you interview?

Yes same here! Hate the waiting game
Have you processed your paperwork
My partner is with world teachers

I had a interview on the 20th December

Ok
lets hope to hear something soon
Any idea which location you will like to work in

I think for those who haven't received their final contact, it could well be that you may be selected for August start. That's because based on the previous year, people were split to start between March and August. It's just a guess but I can't see why only some people have already had their final contracts when everyone attended the interviews more or less at the same time.

Hi
I've been told to wait another week as the process can take three weeks!
I hope to hear something this week

Hi guys

I wouldn't worry about the 'delay'. I was told it normally takes around 3-4 weeks from initial contract to final contract. In other posts, some people had to wait even longer.

The 2 recruiters at my interview in December told me ADVETI/MOE need approx. 150 teachers asap. They interviewed in Canada just last week so they obviously have positions to fill.

The 'delay' could be down to any number of factors (late return of references, checking those with previous UAE experience, logistics with flights hotels, different recruiters etc.)

Just hold tight, I am sure you will hear something soon. It is only the first week of February. The new semester doesn't start until April!

Hi
Thanks for the advise
Guess we have to wait as my agency did say it can take up to three weeks

Hello There. Just found this forum. I apologize if this is long, but I want to help other teachers out there and perhaps with my experience you will benefit. I interviewed in December in London for the TEACHER TRAINER position, 5-minute interview after waiting 1.5 hours for someone to show up. We were told to arrive at 07.30, I arrived at 07.15, it was a dark room until 09.00 when we started the written test and while the written test was taking place they pulled us out one by one to interview us (there were 8 of us). Somewhere in between the interviews an announcement was made that most teacher trainer positions were filled, so we all looked at each other and the interviewers/recruiters and asked "what are we applying for?"  :)  Please note that several of us had flown to England for the interviews from other countries - so it was a big surprise. The test contained the same questions as written above (please note that there is a question about summative and formative assessment).  I was asked in the interview if I was comfortable teaching "boys" and how I would handle discipline problems in the classroom. I was also asked what my qualifications were (it was clear that they had not read my CV) and after answering was asked why I had a Master's in TESOL from Australia, a CELTA from Cambridge and an undergraduate degree and secondary teaching license in the USA. I wasn't sure how to answer that question or why it was asked, but basically told them that I wanted all my bases covered and felt well rounded as a teacher and teacher trainer. The interviewer said "I think we have a place for you teaching Cambridge courses, as you have a degree from Cambridge" which made me think he had no idea what a CELTA was. Anyway, a week afterwards I got the initial offer and two weeks later the final offer. I accepted, gave a leave date, informed the recruiter that I needed a month's notice to leave my apartment and for my husband and I to give notice for our current jobs. After signing the "final" contract, we all decided it was safe to give the notices, and we are now one week from supposed leave date and we do not have a visa or flight ticket in our hands. We have been very calm but now getting nervous and thinking of extending our lease agreement and asking out current schools to keep us on until we have the visas in our hand - and MOE/ADVETI will just have to wait another month after the visa is issued. One last thing regards attestations. Only two weeks ago, the recruiter informed me that all degrees, certificates and marriage license must be attested IN THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN of issue. After some research, calling the UAE Embassy in the United States and Australia to verify the process, and at the suggestion of the recruiter, accepted attestation companies to get the necessary stamps for all documents. The grand total is nearly $1200 USD because I have degrees from 3 countries.

I interviewed on the 22nd of December. Have you heard anything recently? Do you know where you are going? They assigned a school to me on 31 January. However, I can't find that school listed in the MOE or ADVETI lists anywhere. I have asked the last month for the address/ specific location, but they have not given it to me yet.

Hi

Thanks for talking the time to write. I have asked about my role but don't know which school I am assigned to

How is it some people know their destination and others don't

Hi toreisha,
My interview was very much similar to yours quick but was there half a day. At the moment am in the same boat I interviewed in December received contract on the 27th Jan still waiting for visa and tickets and it's nearly been a month. I was told this stage of waiting for entry permits and flights doesn't take long but it has. Hopefully we will hear something next week.

Well I haven't been told where am going they said I will find out when I get there.  I wouldn't focus toon much on where they said they'll place you as they often shift you to somewhere else when you get there.

Habiba and Saifai

Have you heard anything yet from your recruiter? Have you signed the final contract? Do you know where/when you are going?

Hello. Thanks for your reply. The recruiter has confirmed my assignment and said the school will not change. Perhaps you are right, and it could - so let's see. What is a little strange, is that certainly ADVETI/MOE will not train us all one by one. So, why not just set a date for the training in March, and schedule the flights accordingly? It doesn't make sense to join after March, as there is a break for Spring break in April. However, it has been confirmed more than once that I will not be with the group joining in August.

Hello. It is not clear to me why some people have assignments and others don't. Perhaps as the other person posted, it will be sorted when you arrive?

I don't think it will be end of March. I suppose we should be looking at next week or early March.  There would be no point going there for spring break only for schools to finish in June. 

As for the training some people that left recently didn't have training as such but only a days induction.

Agreed. That is also my logic. However, it is a bit much to ask a person to wait without any indication and give them a few day's notice to leave - especially with a family. We've asked for weeks now and get the same reply that it is in process. The question remains to pay for another month in our current apartment and try to extend work as well....

Hi
No I'm still waiting for my contract
Was told that today I would recieve it
Nothing yet
Really frustrating

Toreishi

Where are you placed

Ajman.

I know it is very frustrating, and sorry you have not received it yet. I'm sure you will get it soon!

Imagine we all get visas n tickets within the week and have to fly out.

Apparently, when MOE/ADVETI have processed your visa and send you confirmation and flight details you are free to accept the date they have selected or request a later date. You will not be forced to go within a few days/weeks if you don't want to.

It is an ongoing process with teachers flying out every month. It doesn't appear to be centralised in anyway.

Thank you, that is helpful. I wonder why the recruiters don't simply tell us that?  :) My recruiter told me there would be a big day of training for a minimum of 20 candidates and even sent the agenda, without a date. However, he has been honest in saying that THIS year things are different from any of the years before that he's been involved with recruiting.

Yes I was under the impression that a batch of teachers would be flown out together and would have some type of joint orientation, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

There are at least 5 different recruitment agency advertising the posts, this, combined with the change over from ADVETI to the MOE, may explain some of the delay/confusion.

We just need to try and stay positive and be ready for anything :)