Why "OmanTell" !!? Skype

hi,,,
iam just wondering why oman tell did block Skype service? you cant use it dierectly...

anybody know why?

Anybody has any idea? :(

i think oman tell not allowing such these services in order to let people use the phone...i guess...

regarding to this issue...
you can use software such as "hotspot" i guess...you can find it in the web and you can open everything blocked by oman tel.

:):)

as bestcoach said. Omantel or Nawras or what ever telecommunication companies in Oman are having very high profit out of international phone calls and allowing skype will affect this income. Unfortunately, the regulating authorities are supporting the telecommunication companies in this regards :)

I can think of other reason but not very valid which is to monitor the calls closely to maintain very high level of internal security.

google 'vpn' -it's is your answer

Welcome on Expat.com serjio :)

This has been driving me mad since I've been here and I can't find a VPN that isn't blocked either. I was using hotspot but now that won't work. Anyone got a suggestion to which VPN can be downloaded and then will do it's job?
The reason, I presume, is the fact that Omantel will lose money if Skype is used. But it is sooooo frustrating!

yeah...this kind of stupidness here... :)

today i bring VPN called TrafficCompressor...it is very nice software...
sometimes if you choose protocol number it will be very fast...iam sure you r going to like it...
just write in google TraficCompressor VPN...

have enjoyable time with the software....if you need any help just contact me....do not worry my help will be free...hahaha :)

cheers,