Renew usa driving licence online

The state of Alabama has just made it possible to renew your licence online,which has just saved me a good deal of money.May want to check if your state has an online renewal system.

I was able to renew my Florida drivers license online in 2009 and have it sent to my mailing address in Texas.  Next time, 2017, I'd have to go in person to have an eye test and new picture taken.  Logistically, that may be a problem.  Will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Yes,same situation more or less in Alabama.The licence is good for 4 years but can only renew online once every 8 years.I had mine mailed to a friends house he then sent it to me through ups.

Yes, my state has been doing that for a long time and it is helpful. I think all of the states on the westcoast do.

Veracruz drivers license takes about 15 minutes to get one hot in your hand. Around 900 pesos for the first one and good for three years. After that, they cost 600 pesos. Need a passport, Temp or Perm visa, CURP, and CFE bill and a smile.

What is CURP?

Price has gone up .
Here are current requirements posted in Transito in Coatepec.
Images don't seem to show unless it happens after an hour.
Just copy the links.

Joaquinx is correct about the documents needed.
I don't get any bills, all included in the rent.
I'll try a copy of my rent contract.
[img align=Drivers License Requirements for Citizens]HTTP://progressives-unite.homestead.com/20151209_095640.jpg[/img]

[img align=Requirements for foreigners and prices]HTTP://progressives-unite.homestead.com/20151209_095652.jpg[/img]

http://curp-gob.com/

Clave Única de Registro de Población.

It is a unique identifier for each person residing legally in Mexico.
If you apply for temporary or permanent residency, you'll apply for one as part of the first steps in INM (migracion,)

Stinkyboy is talking about a U.S. Lic. and what he says is true.
joaquinx  and gudgrief are talking about Mexican licenses. All good information depending on whether you are here with a 6 month visa, or are a temp or permanent resident.

If you are here on a 180 day visa and your U.S. lic. is about to expire it's good to know you can fix that on line in many states. If you live here it's good to know you can renew your Mexican lic. on line also perhaps.

I would imagine a "fila" would have to be involved this side of the border.I tried to get a Veracruz licence and all was going well till We got to the Curp part,they wouldnt bend on that.

Take your passport up to the Civil Registry Office at the local Municipal building and they will issue you a CURP card.

The guy at the dmv sent me down there for that purpose,they would not facilitate me due to me only having a tourist visa.They said if it had of been last year they could do it but the law had changed

There is a registro civil a few blocks from my house here in Zacatecas,going to give it a try tomorrow,they may have just been having a bad day down in Veracruz,you never know.Will let y'all know how how I got on.

Good luck.  You are dealing with a state office and even though it's a national record, local offices can cop an attitude for any or no reason.

This may be the kicker.
According to this page which has been reliable for years only residentes, not touristas FMM can have CURPS.

http://rollybrook.com/curp.htm

Ole Rolly knew his stuff.Might as well cancel my appointment.

Can't hurt to try.  Are you staying in a hotel or hostel.  Ask the owner.  Maybe there are still unofficial ways to get things done.

No,I'm renting a cuarto by the month,but I hear you.

I generate my CURP in curpyrfc.com.mx

joaquinx wrote:

Take your passport up to the Civil Registry Office at the local Municipal building and they will issue you a CURP card.

That used to be the case. As of about 18 months or more ago only the INM offices are allowed foreigners to be issued CURPs and only legal resident foreigners now. New federal INM policy.

https://consultas.curp.gob.mx/CurpSP/

Glad I'm over and done with all that except for change of address.
Your info seems to fix it in concrete that tourists and 180 day visitors CANNOT get Curps.