Saudi work visa with history of psychiatric disorder

Hi all

I've got a job in Saudi Arabia and had a question about the medical check up required before visa is granted.

I have been taking anti depressants and continue to take on a continuous basis. I am perfectly fit and normal. I read that the GCC countries have decided earlier this year that expats with a " history of mental or psychiatric illness" would not be granted a visa.  This question is listed at the very top of the medical check up form.

Is this correct? Does this condition make me ineligible for jobs in the entire Gulf? Can someone please confirm or tell about their experience. My employer, by the way, does not have any problem with this.

Regards

just go for paperwork for the visa i think you will be okay

Jas70 wrote:

Hi all

I've got a job in Saudi Arabia and had a question about the medical check up required before visa is granted.

I have been taking anti depressants and continue to take on a continuous basis. I am perfectly fit and normal. I read that the GCC countries have decided earlier this year that expats with a " history of mental or psychiatric illness" would not be granted a visa.  This question is listed at the very top of the medical check up form.

Is this correct? Does this condition make me ineligible for jobs in the entire Gulf? Can someone please confirm or tell about their experience. My employer, by the way, does not have any problem with this.

Regards

Don't tick it and get medicines along with you...Buy it once you're here...Or else you'll have to get a detailed letter from the practitioner to the Embassy stating that you're all fit etc etc...

Hello
Thanks for the quick reply. I cannot not tick it because I'll get the medical report from my GP here in the UK and they will not do it.

It might be possible to get a letter of fitness though from the medical authorities. Can you please elaborate what kind of letter might be required?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

You'll have to get in touch with any consultants who are in touch with various embassies or will have to go to the embassy and ask specific requirements...

Ali_N wrote:

...get medicines along with you...Buy it once you're here...

Most such medicines will not be available in Saudi Arabia.