I'm searching for an apartment

dear all,

I'll be in Malta on the 26s of december and i'm searching for an apartment in the area of the city of Gzira. If anyone has some information's please share it with me.

thanks

The subject of Utility bills has been flogged to death on this Forum why bring it up again?

The statement above fails to mention,yet again, that you can move on to the correct tariff by filling in the form H yourself and taking it to ARMS with your passport and Tenancy agreement. You do not have to have the landlords permission.
Also the minimum difference of 43% is only correct if you were on 'Domestic', for the other incorrect tariff of 'Non Residential' the difference is only from 22%

Ray

Thank you very much for the information's !

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion not allowed on forum. Drop advert in Housing section Only!
F0xgl0ve wrote:

The subject of Utility bills has been flogged to death on this Forum why bring it up again?

The statement above fails to mention,yet again, that you can move on to the correct tariff by filling in the form H yourself and taking it to ARMS with your passport and Tenancy agreement. You do not have to have the landlords permission.
Also the minimum difference of 43% is only correct if you were on 'Domestic', for the other incorrect tariff of 'Non Residential' the difference is only from 22%

Ray

Completely agree. I looked further into domestic vs. residential on the ARMS website and put in the approx. consumption for 2 people in their calculator. The difference was only between 20-30€ per month. I believe the 43% (or higher) comes when you apply the eco reductions. Personally, I think my partner and I won't be able to stick to the consumption limit to qualify for those! We want to be able to use the aircon as often as we need during our first summer here.

So, unless you save electricity and have a family of 5 the difference isn't that big. That said though, we still walked away from landlords that wouldn't complete the form. Every little helps, especially €30 less in bills per month ;-)

There is definitely a lot of scaremongering involved when it comes to form H and domestic tariff.

Paul Alexe wrote:

dear all,

I'll be in Malta on the 26s of december and i'm searching for an apartment in the area of the city of Gzira. If anyone has some information's please share it with me.

thanks

Hello Paul, there is lots of information in the expats forum titled "Moving in 1 week - a few questions". If you can't find it let me now and I'll copy?paste it here.
Good luck,
man

I'm interested for the whole apartment - not just a room.

yes thx, send me the link and i'll have a look at it