Buy an all in one printer

I am looking for an all in one printer in Saigon area, any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

All the big electronics stores have them in the usual international brands: Brother, HP, Canon, Epson.  My only caveat would be to take note of the fact that, unlike office supply stores in the West, the place that sells the printer usually does not sell the ink.  I sometimes could buy ink in my district but often had to travel into Q1for ink.   Find out what cartridges the printer takes and find a supply point before you buy.

My advice - Don't buy one if HP is written on it.
I had it, get seriously bugged, tossed it in the bin.

The scanner was very nice and the software easy to use, but the ink is a pain.
The HP ink is really expensive, and you can't refill or use non HP units without the useless lump of junk tossing up a million error messages.
I see things like this - If you buy a printer, it's up to you what you do with it.
HP see it as, I've got the customer by the balls, so I can make them use my ink.

I employed my middle finger, tossed the rubbish in the bin, then bought a separate Canon scanner and a canon IP2770 printer, immediately modified with external ink tanks.

http://g02.s.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1o7otJVXXXXapXVXXq6xXFXXXJ/New-ink-tank-diy-ciss-for-canon.jpg_200x200.jpg

The ink is really cheap, there's no loss in quality worth a mention, and it lasts ages.
It took the guys 30 minutes to put in onto my printer, and it's worked without the slightest problem for several months, and cost a lot less than two lots of ink.
It tosses up the odd warning about ink levels from time to time, but none shaft you like HP, stopping the printer until you buy HP ink.

I bought 1 Brother model MFC-L2701Dall in one printer in Phong Vu. It's about $200. It's good for me so far

Thanks Honolulu. I will keep your advice in mind when i buy my all in one printer.

Very good advice and thanks Jakarta.

I recall there was an article a few years ago, it was about HP engineers program the chip on the HP ink cartridges that would show empty when it is only half empty. HP settle the case out of court. I will not buy any HP product any more when I saw it, the all in one printer I have is HP and it cost a lot to buy inks or repair therefore I just toss it in the trash can.

hi. did u buy printer yet? i need to sale one new printer all in one as: fax, scan, photo, print. can connect with wifi. i bought it for long time but didnt use. if u interest text me here*****ms. Mai

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : For your own security exchange contact details in private and post your ad in classifieds please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Mai,
I have not bought the printer, I would like to buy one when i come back to Saigon next January. Please tell me more about your printer like Make, model and what you want to sell for. Again Thanks Mai.

Fred wrote:

My advice - Don't buy one if HP is written on it.
I had it, get seriously bugged, tossed it in the bin.

The scanner was very nice and the software easy to use, but the ink is a pain.
The HP ink is really expensive, and you can't refill or use non HP units without the useless lump of junk tossing up a million error messages.
I see things like this - If you buy a printer, it's up to you what you do with it.
HP see it as, I've got the customer by the balls, so I can make them use my ink.

I employed my middle finger, tossed the rubbish in the bin, then bought a separate Canon scanner and a canon IP2770 printer, immediately modified with external ink tanks.

http://g02.s.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1o7otJVXX … 00x200.jpg

The ink is really cheap, there's no loss in quality worth a mention, and it lasts ages.
It took the guys 30 minutes to put in onto my printer, and it's worked without the slightest problem for several months, and cost a lot less than two lots of ink.
It tosses up the odd warning about ink levels from time to time, but none shaft you like HP, stopping the printer until you buy HP ink.

HELLO SIR.

May I ask where did you have your printer modified and how much?

which printers would be suitable for such modifications?

thanks.

The HP Laser Jet Pro MPF 125a Scanner, Copier Laser NOT INK CARTRIDGE printer is around $100 USD almost everywhere.

There are also other good laser combo printers out there as well at reasonable prices. HP happens to be the one that I bought. Ink cartridges get very expensive very quickly. Refilling the toner in a laser cartridge is cheap.

These printers are black and white. Affordable Color printers use ink cartridges

I bought an Epson but the minute one of the color cartridges ran out, it refused to even print in only black. The ink cartridges cost was $35 US dollars each. Very much a rip off....Epson...stay away and avoid disappointment.

Never buy an ink cartridge printer, always spend a bit more and get a laser printer.