Looking for a job.

Dear Expats,

I am Rashed from Bangladesh. I live in KL now. I am looking for a job preferably in Teaching and Clerical sectors.

I hope, I will be able to manage you, if we sit for a short time interview.

Hi Kamrulz,

You are required to post in the jobs section if you are actually looking for a job.

Here is the link to the jobs section : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/mala … la-lumpur/

I also invite you to have a look at the articles on work here : https://www.expat.com/en/guide/asia/malaysia/

Good luck in your search :)

Priscilla

Thanks.

Hi clerical is a low paid (1.5 to 3k) per month job best suited to young women who will get married or married women. You cant get a work permit for that as not expat job and pay too low.

Teaching requires a degree to get a teaching permit. Bangledeshies are not popular with parents as image as mamak waiters! Indians ok and quite a few around in maths physics and chemistry especially. They have an image of being an educated nation. Stereotyping will work against you so unless a maths physics or chemistry grad no way. Even so chances very low as employment pass issues. It helps if you have taught before. Only the bad (low paying) schools will consider you as the better schools will have enough local or qualified expat (including indian) applicants.

Why malaysia? In middle east you can get a job easy! Lots of clerical jobs (teaching requires proper teaching certs)

Thanks for your long direction. Actually, I have more than 9 years experience as an English Teacher in Primary sector. I was a Master Trainer (TOT) as well. Besides, I am a member of a teacher couple, teachers' family as well. As I have already migrated here, I am looking for a teaching job as this job suits me best in the world. But still I am not worried of salary range or category of schools. Because, I think I have to prove myself first, no matter what's my nationality. I am simply confident with my skills.

OK. that makes  a big difference you should have said that upfront. Try some of the new international schools as many are hiring primary teachers. I rate your chances as reasonably good with the newish "local" international schools.

Forget clerical waste of energy applying  as foreigners can't do that.

it also make a difference if here with a working wife - your post suggests this but not clear. if she has a work permit you get a visa that can be stamped with right to work at a lower salary. However never met anyone who actually did as if employable they got an employment pass.

in your favour is that you would meet Moe requirements for a teaching permit.

Salaries can be poor many Iranians/Pinoys get 2 to 3 k a month with low end schools like Fairview/Cempaka but that means your salary may well be down. also now there is a new short term work permit that can be as low as 2.5 k a month.

Local teachers in such schools can earn under 2k a month (and I mean close to 1.5k) so to be competitive your top expectation will be 4k and if they like you very much maybe 5k so can get normal employment pass.

However if this is a second salary OK.

Thanks again. But I thinks I should get your a bit closer help and thus I can certainly get a teaching job here easily. But I feel a bit hesitate to tell you.......... as it's a public post. You are heartily requested to note my e-mail address '***'. With due respect, I expect your a bit more co-operation as it looks we both are from the same profession. All the best.