We are planning on teaching. Any advice?

Hi i posted here before, I am from South Africa. we have our plans in place now my fiancé is taking the leap with me. We are arriving in Chiang Mai on the 25th of January.
We both have degrees and a TEFL certificate from I - to - i. We are planning on teaching, i know that is what almost everyone is doing, but I really feel we can make good a contribution.
We are looking forward to the journey ahead.
Any advice?

Kind regards

Hello Priscilla K,

Just to inform you that a new thread has been created from your post on the Chiang Mai forum so that you may get feedbacks.

All the best
Bhavna

You should find all informations about teaching in this website :  http://www.ajarn.com/

Priscilla K wrote:

Hi i posted here before, I am from South Africa. we have our plans in place now my fiancé is taking the leap with me. We are arriving in Chiang Mai on the 25th of January.
We both have degrees and a TEFL certificate from I - to - i. We are planning on teaching, i know that is what almost everyone is doing, but I really feel we can make good a contribution.
We are looking forward to the journey ahead.
Any advice?

Kind regards

Not the best time to arrive if you are looking for immediate employment in a Thai school, the school year ends in March and schools often recruit April/May. Not impossible though.

Interested in your comment about make a "good contribution" to whom or what, if you don't mind me asking. Sounds like volunteering work?

What visa will you be arriving on/using to stay long term? I ask because you might need some advice in this area especially regards volunteering if that is the case.