Tennis In Ho Chi Minh | Advanced Competitive Leagues & Groups

I'm from the US and run a rep office in HCMC and just last week started playing tennis again. I'm an advanced player but don't understand how the groups and leagues work in Vietnam. I'm looking to find other competitive players to hit with and play singles mostly. Where should I look to find tennis players, groups or leagues playing at a NTRP 4.5 to 5.0 level?

Also, are there tennis tournaments in Vietnam?

I'd like to get involved with the local tennis community but everything seems fairly closed off. Please help point me in the right direction.

-Thanks

Welcome to Expat.com, reachwc :)

I hope you'll soon get some accurate responses from other members in the forum.

By the way, I'll move your topic to Ho Chi Minh City's forum for a better visibility.

Cheers
Arlette

reachwc wrote:

I'm from the US and run a rep office in HCMC and just last week started playing tennis again. I'm an advanced player but don't understand how the groups and leagues work in Vietnam. I'm looking to find other competitive players to hit with and play singles mostly. Where should I look to find tennis players, groups or leagues playing at a NTRP 4.5 to 5.0 level?

Also, are there tennis tournaments in Vietnam?

I'd like to get involved with the local tennis community but everything seems fairly closed off. Please help point me in the right direction.

-Thanks

Go to this place.  I'm sure someone there would know about whether there are tournaments here:

[i]Ky Hoa II
796 Su Van Hanh, Q10 Tel: 3863 3706

Hourly rates for courts starting at VND20,000. Private coaching is available, and a small shop stocks all the equipment. Also has an great gym and swimming pool.[i]

This players family owns the place and they have a history with our country.

nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3705038

patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103390

Hi, I'll be arriving to work in HCM in a couple of days, and am also looking for a hitting partner (my level is around 4.5) and maybe get into some tournaments as well.

George

[email protected]