Will i have any problem opening Bank account..(about criminal record)

Hi everyone ! :)
My question is simple: knowing that in your country as right the bank ask a criminal record before to open a bank account, with the aim of completing my transfer in Malta from Italy in 2016 i have a little problem: after an online problem (100 euros not 100,000 ) maybe i will be accused to be a online fraud person but before i had never had some problem so i am sure i will not go to jail, and i will be only a condemned person for fraud.
So i know maybe i will not have a "clean criminal record".
Do you think for me will possible to open a bank account or applying for jobs? Or when i will ask for an e-residence card?
Thanks a lot and I ask sorry in advance if there is some grammatical mistake (i'm still improving my english)

DavideM wrote:

Hi everyone ! :)
My question is simple: knowing that in your country as right the bank ask a criminal record before to open a bank account, with the aim of completing my transfer in Malta from Italy in 2016 i have a little problem: after an online problem (100 euros not 100,000 ) maybe i will be accused to be a online fraud person but before i had never had some problem so i am sure i will not go to jail, and i will be only a condemned person for fraud.
So i know maybe i will not have a "clean criminal record".
Do you think for me will possible to open a bank account or applying for jobs? Or when i will ask for an e-residence card?
Thanks a lot and I ask sorry in advance if there is some grammatical mistake (i'm still improving my english)

We were not asked for any information regarding a criminal record when we applied for a bank account or for our eResidence application.

Ray

Shouldn't be a problem with the bank account unless you start moving large amounts of money into your bank account.

Residence is just a formality and no questions or checks on the information you supply.

Terry

Thanks Ray and Terry!
Could you Ray please tell me which bank you have an account with? Bov? hsbc? others?

many thanks

HSBC

Thanks. :)
Anyway i don't think i'm gonna move a big amount of money (i'm not an investor) , just a normal guy with a normal salary.
But as many people have told me, this is the last problem, once i'll have a job i think everythink will be much easier

DavideM wrote:

Thanks Ray and Terry!
Could you Ray please tell me which bank you have an account with? Bov? hsbc? others?

many thanks

Banif.

Ray

Thank you very much. :)

You might have to be careful when applying for jobs. My partners offer letter specifically asked for a police conduct certificate - but he's in financial services. Might be different in other sectors :)

Yeah of course i think for some jobs a conduct certificate could be asked (but i don't know if just for malta or an international certificate)

Why not wait till you are here it takes time to set up a Bank acct  here.

because if i knew that i will not be able to work or open a bank account of course i stay here :)
But i don't think is gonna be so hard as i thought
I've checked in bank website and is not written if faq's :)

the one thing the banks will ask for is a bankers reference i believe ......from your current bank....normally how long you have been a customer and if you kept your accounts in order

mdillyd wrote:

the one thing the banks will ask for is a bankers reference i believe ......from your current bank....normally how long you have been a customer and if you kept your accounts in order

HSBC and BoV normally ask, Banif don't and not sure about APS,Lombard or Mediterranean.

Ray

dunno i think it depends also by the singular branch...as above someone said that HSBC didn't ak for it