Shopping info in Moscow

Should be in Moscow in 45 days.  Need all the help I can get regarding grocery shopping, using metro and joining an
American community.  Please. .. help
!

Hello SanFranisisco, welcome to Expat.com :)

I'll move your topic to a new discussion entitled "Shopping info needed in Moscow" to give it a better visibility.

As for the American community, you might want to have a look at the Network of Americans in Moscow.

Hope this helps.

Arlette

any other places where shopping is rampant

The best place to by groceries in Moscow ia Auchan. It's a chain of stores. Usually these are huge hypermarkets located outside of Moscow, though there are a couple of Auchan-city stores which are smaller and can be found in the city. Auchan has probably the lowest prices on food and the best choice.
"Perekrestok" stores are all over the city. The prices are higher, the stores are smaller and the products sometimes are expired...

i can help absolutly free, i russian but my english not ideal :-))))

what type of shopping you want?

be more specific about what you need to find - there are all kinds of options - -some more practical than others. I despise Auchan.

I just found this website, shared by a lady maintaining this Food & Restaurants in Moscow website: fooodstory.blogspot.com/p/moscow-cafes-and-restaurants.html

We wrote an article on living green in Moscow for our blog and a reader shared an interesting link to buying organic and bio-products in Moscow: environmentalgraffiti.com/news-russia's-appetite-organic-and-bio-products

For metro, check out:
Moscow Metro slideshow: athomenetwork.blogspot.com/2010/07/moscow-metro-photos.html

Good luck!
Lindsay

Hi Lindsay :)

Thanks for your useful infos. Why not contribute to our participative guide? Your help would be welcome ;)

Regards
Armand