American Non Muslim to Marry Refugee Muslim Temp in Malaysia

Hi,  I am an American, and my future husband is temporaily residing in Malaysia as an official Refugee status from Iraq.  He is Muslim background, and I am not.  We would like to get married in Malaysia to expedite his coming to the USA, which we realize could take months, but are needing the Marriage License to move forward for authentication of the relationship.  Can we get married in Malaysia without going through the Muslim proceedure?  We both are Christians.  He is Christian Arab, one of the reasons why he left Iraq, Fall of 2015.   His passport is Iraq, mine is USA.

Thank you!

Nope.

Sorry, not understanding. The header to this post says non-Muslim is interested in marrying a Muslim, yet the body of the post says both parties are Christian. Which is it...?

No problem for foreigners to be married in Malaysia if both of you are Christians. If one is a Muslim and the other is not, then the non muslim MAY have to convert to muslim. But then why you must be married in Malaysia when there are many other countries where you can get civil marriage without any restriction. Indonesia is one such country as I have a friend who is a Christian and the wife is a Muslim.

i m muslim.my wife is christian both living in philippines.but philip  immigration  is cheaper they do not stamp permanent visa  if you belong asia.