Dating in the EC

I should be back in Cuenca in May 2016 permanently. I was just wondering how the dating ritual runs in Cuenca. At 52 I have no perceived notions as to nationality, age etc. I click with who I click with.

I have no desire to date someone my daughter"s age. To me that is just letting your ego override your brain. When I was in the Philippines this was a real issue. You would see a nice looking older women, but figured she had no chance with all the young girls looking to get a shot at the American dream.

However, on the other hand I'm not dead just yet.  :-) Since I'm coming alone, and plenty to get done when I arrive, it may take awhile to meet people, attend social gathers etc. So, I didn't know if there were any organized events, common places people go to meet etc.?

A really nice way to meet people is at Joe's Secret Garden.  The Social Hr. before diner.   Diner is usually served @ 6:30 and bar opens @ 5:00 for socializing in their beautiful garden.  Its done by making a reservation on their web page.   I don't think you will have a difficult time meeting people.  All the Gringos tend to list what is happening on Gringo Post or Gringo Tree.  The expat community is rather friendly.  An other place is @ Parque Calderon in the Historic district.  Just take a walk there or go to one of the functions( something always happening there) and you will probably meet an other American/European.  I cant speak to the dating clubs if any or online dating.  Maybe some one else can speak to that on the forum
You still see the older man here with the 20 something girl hanging on to the guy"s arm.  To most of us it looks rather ridiculous but it is what it is.  There are still plenty of smart men and women not needing a trophy.  I am a divorced 59 yr young woman and have not found it difficult to meet people here or find people to do things with.  There is plenty to do.  If you are board it is usually because you are probably boring.  LOL.   If you speak Spanish there are many smart,  kind & beautiful Ecuadorian women to meet that are not looking for a meal ticket. 
I personally know several.  I don't find it particularly flattering or kind to the EC women when expats  think every woman is looking for a meal ticket.  It is simply not so.  Some times ignorance creates the ego building  mechanism that keeps good women and men miss understood.  Good luck with your move & new life.  It truly, is a lovely place to start a new chapter.

Thanks so much for the information.

Perhaps you could use your knowledge of dating in the Philippines to your advantage in Ecuador.  As you know, meeting females in a bar is not the way to go in the Philippines.  In the Philippines many more speak passable English, but the best way to go is to meet them in church or some other social function, get introduced to the family.  This may be more difficult in Ecuador, but if you are looking for a long term relationship this may be the way to go.  Of course bars are good for getting your feet wet and learning the local norms, but it is just a start.

Hi everyone,

There is an Event section if you want to meet people, feel free to post your event in the Events in Ecuador.

P.S: Please keep in mind that https://www.expat.com is not a dating site. Refer to the Ecuador Forum Code of Conduct.

Thank you.
Naomi :)

Hola, I'm in Mirador San José (Near Puerto Cayo) and I find this part of my life difficult. Most (ok 99 %) of the people on this projet are couple. Most people find it easier to move abroad when there are 2. Good luck for your moving. It as been a great experience for me ! In all countries, there will always be love !
Gracias  :)

Accomplishing alone what it takes two to accomplish. Shows your strenght, and sense of commitment.
Why someone hasn't recognized that as a great quality and gotten to know you better, escapes me.

You mentioned being on a project. What kind of project?

Thank you for the Compliments !! Mirador San Joe is a Canadian owned and operated unbanizacion located 45 mins after Manta dans 20 mins before Puerto Cayo

:cheers::)

Thank you for the Compliments !! Mirador San Joe is a Canadian owned and operated unbanizacion located 45 mins after Manta dans 20 mins before Puerto Cayo

:cheers::)