Good language school for French?!

Hello everyone!

After 2 months of lazing around the house, I have finally mustered some drive to learn French.

Can someone please tell me a good language school for learning French? Something affordable, some place safe with a decent crowd?

I'd like to know what your experiences have been in a language school in Brussels :) What should I avoid, what is cool?

Thank you people! :)

Hello,

If you want to have almost free french curses, go the city hall and ask them to follow the French course for foreigners. This will help you a lot to begin with. After if you want to move toward in conversation clubs or to private schools (expensives)...

My EUR 0.02

Very low fees: http://www.eyadasbl.be/activites.php
VUB (Good quality, reasonable fees): http://cvo-khnb.be/
Evening classes: www.iepsevere.be  (Evere / Laeken / Anderlecht) -- I did 3 levels in their Evere facility (two classes a week - 6 PM to 9 PM).
And the always famous Alliance française -  www.alliancefr.be

and many private teachers (classified section).

Hi, thank you! Are the almost free courses having a good crowd? In Germany, there was a huge difference in the type of pupils that attended open, free courses as opposed to private schools. I chose to go to a private school because I wanted to feel safe and be amongst decent, educated people to be honest.

Aneesh, I cannot do evening classes as I am only free during the day. And as a woman I feel uncomfortable being out too late at night alone (e.g. when the classes finish at 9).  I liked your VUB link :) I'm looking into that.

Good evening to all,

I am a little shocked by this type of thinking. Because having rubbed people from all backgrounds and all social levels, I believe there is no difference. For human nature is such, we might as well find dishonest people in the common people as in the elite ...

Whether you have had bad experiences in Germany, I can understand that. But to make a generality, No.

Everyone has the right to education regardless of their origin or social class. The teachers in these free courses are equally valid and motivated than those of paying schools ...

Although the Belgian system is not perfect, it is still better than in some countries where there is still the caste system.

Regards

In essence, your life experience more valid than mine, got it.

Your beliefs are superior to mine because you alone have had the privilege of having rubbed with people from all backgrounds, got it.

And as a woman from India, I should have no opinion because there is still caste system in my country, got it.

I acknowledge that I have purposely put this sentence. Not in order to hurt you but in order to make you react. What I want you to understand is that you should just get out of this mentality, this system. You are now in a country where this system does not exist. In a country where the laws that protect the weak are strong and enforced. So do not apply on the assumption that if it's free it are not valid. And that people would not be suitable.

Rather, it is fine to want to learn the language of the country in which you live. For I know many of your compatriots who transfer their worlds in the country of expatriation. They create their own ghettos. When you come to live in another country, you must open up to others in order to live well.

When I go to another country, it is not to find there compatriots. But to discover new things, news persons, news traditions, ...

And why did not you would open a school for the learning of Hindi? Why not sharing your traditions with belgian peoples?

Hi everyone,

The off topic posts have been removed from this thread. You should please respect each other. This is a mutual help forum.

Please use our reporting system if you find anything inappropriate here.

Thank you.