Sydney to KL

Hello any ozzies,

I am sure you have had this question before, here goes tho..:)

I am planning on moving from Bondi to KL currently I pay 250 per week for sharing a 2 bedroom. What sort of comparison would I be looking at for living in a good area of this fine city?

Is the relative rental price cheaper or more expensive in your opinion?

On other question, what would be a comfortable monthly wage to live in KL all things being relative?

regards

Welcome to Expat.com, Barrychalmers :)

I hope you will soon get some insight from fellow countrymen on the subject.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to browse the forum as such questions might have risen previously.

Have a nice day further
Arlette

Thank you for your welcome

If you haven't had an answer for the rental part, 250 AUD is about 600 RM over here. Rents vary depending on places, you will need to adjust according to your salary. It isn't too expensive to rent something in Malaysia in most places.

On other question, what would be a comfortable monthly wage to live in KL all things being relative? <-- For this an expat would be nicely with about 5-7k, if he or she does not have any commitments at all.

Hello Barry,

We've been looking at iproperty.com.my to get some idea.
If you know where your workplace is then check out some rental in that area. Hope this helps.

cheers!
Ben

Unlike western countries, it is possible to live extremely cheaply here. The only problem may be your expectations. For what would be regarded as a nice place in a western city, then expect to pay between 2000-5000 RM per month in KL. If you don't mind living in a place that is a bit rough, then you can rent an apartment on the edge of the city for as little as 500 RM a month. Possibly even lower. Food is the same, you can eat in a fancy restaurant for 50 RM or a rough looking restaurant for less than 5 RM. Hell, some of those street side vendors will give you meal for 1 RM!