Try to find the right place to live

Hello everyone ,

We are a family of 4 , with two boys of 7 and 15 years old.
We are looking for the best place to leave in Lisbon for them.
They will be going at the French school , and we don t known really where to leave.
We were in Lisbon in November , we went to see some house in Estoril but people said in the morning it can take one hour to come to French school.
Can anybody give me more information about this.
Thank you very much.

Christine

Hello, Christine,
The only French school (Lycée français Charles Lepierre) that I am aware of in Lisbon is located in the area called Campolide, right next to the Amoreiras shopping mall. This is where you should try to find a place to live, so your boys could be close to school. Other areas nearby include Campo de Ourique, Avenida and Avenidas Novas (Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira). The famous park Eduardo VII is about 7-10 mins by foot from the French school.
Good luck and welcome to Lisbon.

Hello Cristine
Yes, Campolide has nice places to live in and is quite near the french school. But there are other places also nice you have zone of "Jardim das Amoreiras" and Rato.
The area of Estrela  (that includes Lapa and Av Infante Santo) is also nice and not very busy and is not very dificult to get to the french school.

For me the best places to live in Lisbon are  Alto de Santo Amaro and Colina de Santana and now the Ajuda area is also very nice. There space, lots of time you have a nice view over the river. They are not very central, but not very far from the city center, gives you the sensation of living out and at the same time in town, and its easy to have markets, supermarkets, and transport.