Brazilian Resdidency with 40k USD in Bank or Agriculture

Dear All,

Is it true that one can get Brazilian residency with Bank deposit of 40k USD either or with 40k USD Agriculture Land even without opening a company in Brazil?

Before i heard of getting the residency visa with real estate buy but lately they change the rule and foreigners has to do business before they do any investment..

Comments appreciated!!

No, it is absolutely untrue.  Who in the world ever told you that whopper?

There are only a few ways that you can obtain permanency and they are:

Marriage to a Brazilian citizen or permanent resident;

Stable (common-law) relationship with a Brazilian citizen or permanent resident (must have existed for 1 year prior to application);

Parent of a Brazilian born child;

Retired person (with ability to transfer USD $2000 per month into a Brazilian bank);

Investor - minimum required investment in a Brazilian company or starting up a company R$150 thousand.

Holder of VITEM-V Temporary  Work Visa after 3 years of continuous residency in Brazil may request transformation of visa to Permanent;

Refugee applicants if accepted.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

I can assume that what the original post was referring to was:
Investor - minimum required investment in a Brazilian company or starting up a company R$150 thousand = $40,000 USD. However, as you have commented before, there are additional, on-going requirements and caveats of opening/running a business in Brazil.
Hope this provides some insight.

maxtrax wrote:

I can assume that what the original post was referring to was:
Investor - minimum required investment in a Brazilian company or starting up a company R$150 thousand = $40,000 USD. However, as you have commented before, there are additional, on-going requirements and caveats of opening/running a business in Brazil.
Hope this provides some insight.

That's correct. And they are substantial indeed, if the bureaucracy of business start-up aren't enough to scare off the faint hearted, the excessive length of time it takes to register a business in this country certainly is. On average it takes 120 days to complete the business registration through the various levels of government involved, as opposed to 30 to 60 days in most other countries.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Haha anybody willing to spend $40 000 for a Brazilian residency needs his head examined
especially during this crisis

Just "Meu opinião" :)

stevefunk wrote:

Haha anybody willing to spend $40 000 for a Brazilian residency needs his head examined
especially during this crisis

Just "Meu opinião" :)

Dear everyone has his own choice. It depends where are you coming from and what attracts you. Definitely a person in Brazil is already there he must be thinking of United states but considering a person sitting in Asian countries having Brazilian dream can do what possibilities are there in market.. If Brazil will give Residency on Arrival i will go for that definitely!!! Like if a north Korean land in south Korea they get citizenship on arrival!!! Hope one day all countries will do that!!

as of dec 2015 resident investor visa is R500k, no longer 150k.

redesdale wrote:

Do you have any resource link? even i check the embassy website its showing 150k...

A quick check reveals that this shocking news is correct. The Brazilian government more than TRIPLED the minimum investment amount to R$500 thousand (USD $128.978.34 according to today's exchange rate). The Conselho Nacional de Imigrações - CNIg changed this amount with Art. 2 of Resolução Normative 118 of 21/10/2015.

The initial investment can be less than 500 thousand, but not less than 150 thousand for companies devoted to inovation, applied or basic scientific or technological research, according to Art. 3.

I think that this has got to be one of the dumbest and most shortsighted moves the government has made in a very long time. In the midst of an economic crisis, the increase will serve to dry up foreign investment even more than it already has.

RN No. 118 of 21/10/2015

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

James wrote:
redesdale wrote:

Yes, would you please quote your source for that. I personally find it extremely hard to believe that if it has been raised that the Brazilian government would more than TRIPLE the investment required.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

If Brazilian govt made that let me say no one will going to setup company in Brazil. If i will be the businessman i will go for treaty visa of USA instead of the business visa of Brazil.. I do understand that the rate of dollar against Brazilian money has shoot but making it 500k is totally look like unrealistic!!

my immigration lawyer in rio de janeiro informed me as of Dec 2 the amount was raised to 500k. i asked him to confirm this after an expat friend of mine in rio initiated a new investor visa process last week and learned of the change.

Brazilian Dream?
Residency on arrival ? North and South Korea.....it sounds like you are living in a bit of a dream world...
Do you have any idea how hard it is to set up a successful business  in Brazil if you are not from here , have no family here and are unfamiliar with the country and language?
Your money would probably dissapear very quickly