Gas cylinders in Ibrag area?

Hello, wanted to get some gas cylinders but since this is my first time I'm not really sure how to go about it. I noticed several times trucks with cylinders going around but they don't seem to be on a specific time/day. Is there a sign (placing cylinder on doorstep) to let them know I want a replacement? Or is it more done by placing an order with the gas distribution companies?
Thanks for your help in advance.

LacAssal wrote:

Hello, wanted to get some gas cylinders but since this is my first time I'm not really sure how to go about it. I noticed several times trucks with cylinders going around but they don't seem to be on a specific time/day. Is there a sign (placing cylinder on doorstep) to let them know I want a replacement? Or is it more done by placing an order with the gas distribution companies?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Normally they do a specific route on a specific day and if you just put the cylinders where they can be seen they will let you with their very loud hooters. If you can't find the day of the week from Enemalta or Google just put yours out when other people do in your road and pay at the door step when they arrive.

Ray

thanks ray, will be looking out for those cylinders in front of doorsteps.

Useful to know, thanks Ray. I am also living in Ibragg so good to know about the cylinders.

LacAssal wrote:

thanks ray, will be looking out for those cylinders in front of doorsteps.

When you get gas for the first time you have to pay a 25€ deposit per cylinder for which you get a receipt. (Don't lose it or you won't get your deposit back) then you then pay for the gas itself which is 15€ for a 12 Kg cylinder or 18.75€ for 15Kg.

Ray

Hi! The gas cylinder truck passes once a week, on the same day and usually roughly at the same time. Right now I can't remember if it's Tuesday or Wednesday in Ibrag. The easiest way to find out is to ask a neighbour or in one of the shops.
I recently heard about a new service, someone who will take your order and deliver to your home.  I'm not sure if I can mention who, I have forgotten the rules of the blog :)

If you are free during the day, and have a car, you can always take a trip to the depot near freeport and pick one up.