Searching for H2O2...

So...I've been here in Sri Lanka for a month and I'm still getting used to what is available and what isn't in the supermarkets. The other day, I searched and searched for hydrogen peroxide to no avail. So I asked at the pharmacy counter and received a rather curt reply, "No." Does that mean no, they don't carry H2O2, or it's not available in Sri Lanka?

Stevenb wrote:

So...I've been here in Sri Lanka for a month and I'm still getting used to what is available and what isn't in the supermarkets. The other day, I searched and searched for hydrogen peroxide to no avail. So I asked at the pharmacy counter and received a rather curt reply, "No." Does that mean no, they don't carry H2O2, or it's not available in Sri Lanka?

Google is your friend.

I get mine at Arpico. The bottle is smaller than what I am used to, however the concentration is more. I ask the pharmacist for hydrogen peroxide and it is usual in front of the pharmacy counter. If they do not understand what it is that you are looking for, you may need to keep looking on your own, and just when you are about to give up, you will find it. Yes, I agree....Google IS your friend. You may be able to show a photo on your phone. Good luck!

Go to any super market or Pharmacy and ask for Hydrogen Peroxide, you can find it at any Pharmacy.
They have the diluted ones for cleaning and it comes with 6% or something like that printed on it.
Go for it.
In the super markets, you have to see whether they have a Pharmacy in it. Else no luck at all. Eventhough its a cleaning agent, H2O2 is restricted to the Pharmacies.

Sorry to hear about the experience.
Except Paracitamol and few other drugs, cleaning agents and 99% of the medicinal items found to be restricted to the Pharmacies.