Is this a good job offer?

Hi! I'm a graduated graphic technology engineer with over 15 years of work experience. I have been offered a job in Riyadh - Technical and Marketing support.
How would you rate the offer I received:
Basic Salary: 5000 SR
Transportation: 750 SR
Housing:  1250 SR
Mobile: 100 SR

Vacation 30 days yearly
Medical insurance
One plane ticket to my country per year

Will I make enough to send my family in EU some money? I live quite humble, I only need internet, coffee, some tobacco and food (can cook at home).

Don't take it brother...It's way way less....That too you've 15 years experience...At least 20k you should be getting for 15 years of experience...They're ripping you off...

And no family status nothing....Do not take the offer...7500 is given to people with 2-3 years experience or if you're lucky enough to a fresher...

Hope you got the idea...

That is OK with you, seems like you have no dependencies so come get experience and enjoy, however some ethical moral etiquette and behavior problem is there.

No, it's not a good offer.
I see you have to send money back home where Euro is constantly losing its value.
Do target this market but through some other employer(s) who could offer better.

you're constantly telling people not to take the offer... without asking any other appropriate questions. first of all, HE WILL NEVER GET 20K unless he is holding a american/brit/ canadian passport, i dont care what experience he /she holds. if you know such amazing places of super good pay why dont you refer them to these positions?

2ndly. how do you know the going rate for every single position in the country? it amazes me.

the appropriate question to ask is... is it more than what that person is receiving in their home country? what may seem little here,  goes a looooooong way when you are coming from countries that pay even less than the kingdom. How do you think the kingdom is able to recruit people if they are not offering a salary higher then the home country? the answer is they wouldn't be able to at all recruit anyone if they do not offer something BETTER. Who would want to move oceans and seas away from their homeland to receive less money?

Ali_N wrote:

Don't take it brother...It's way way less....That too you've 15 years experience...At least 20k you should be getting for 15 years of experience...They're ripping you off...

And no family status nothing....Do not take the offer...7500 is given to people with 2-3 years experience or if you're lucky enough to a fresher...

Hope you got the idea...

I do not thing the offer is good.

@rareshine, I guess that's over-reacting.

@Ali's point is simple and clear. 15 years of experience does not yield anyone as low as $24,000 annual in technical and marketing. I have known dozens of professionals here; none of them has this much of experience with earnings less than at least double the OP has been offered.

The harm is two-fold in fact:

Firstly, the OP will waste the most precious thing he has, his time. Talk about experience in KSA? With a few exceptions (like oil & field field and few others), experience in Saudi is not something that will add any tremendous value to your resume.

Secondly, forget about the rest of the world, low-paying recruitments seriously harm the local job market.

Thank you all for your replies, they were quite helpful.

rareshine wrote:

you're constantly telling people not to take the offer... without asking any other appropriate questions. first of all, HE WILL NEVER GET 20K unless he is holding a american/brit/ canadian passport, i dont care what experience he /she holds. if you know such amazing places of super good pay why dont you refer them to these positions?

2ndly. how do you know the going rate for every single position in the country? it amazes me.

the appropriate question to ask is... is it more than what that person is receiving in their home country? what may seem little here,  goes a looooooong way when you are coming from countries that pay even less than the kingdom. How do you think the kingdom is able to recruit people if they are not offering a salary higher then the home country? the answer is they wouldn't be able to at all recruit anyone if they do not offer something BETTER. Who would want to move oceans and seas away from their homeland to receive less money?

Ali_N wrote:

Hope you got the idea...

I'm not gonna start a debate/ discussion...

Marketing and Sales even Middle easterners and Asians make upto 20k per month even in Arab companies, let alone MNC's...

nope don't take it. 5000 sar is not enough for you to support your family. I hope you find a better job placement.

To rent a reasonable furnished studio you will need at least 2000 or 3500 for a good one both with free Internet connection , to buy 1 pack of LM tobacco daily you will need then 210 per month. There are cheap restaurants which will cost you 10 for 2 sandwiches for breakfast, 20 for lunch and 10 for 2 sandwiches for dinner and 5 for water daily which means you need a minimum of 1350 per month for 3 meals and water (some restaurants are even cheaper). Taxis are costly here and you need minimum of 10 for a very short ride or a minimum of 50 per day to rent  an old wrecked car, there are wrecked minibus rides for only 2 SAR but it's like a sardines can. So,in my persoal opinion to live mid life in riyadh you will spend a minimum of 4000 SAR. You can cut your costs dramatically if you lived with colleagues and shared all above expenses. Some could live with only 1000 SAR or even less, but In my opinion they live as rats. I don't think this is a good job offer to be honest, however it's your final decision.

Take it, and after they know your capability and desponds on you for most of their work start bargaining with for your target salary.

Bad offer! Don't take it , you deserve minimum 18k basic salary, 25% basic -housing,10% basic - Transportation + Good Class Health Insurance & Return Ticket

lol at 18k. where are you people getting these wild numbers from?

you deserve more with your years of experience.. just to give you an idea about my field of work, for an entry level nurses (3-4 yrs exp), the salary is about 4000-5000 + free accommodation and transpo + food allowance. For above 10 yrs of exp,  salary is more than 10thou + benefits