On Arrival Dubai visa through road

Hi friends,

Planning to go Dubai for a three day stay by car...Is it possible to get on arrival visa by road ways at hatka border?plz help me friends..

Hi Janak1982,

Visa-on-arrival at the borders has been cancelled since November 2015.

Now to enter one would have to apply for the evisa prior to travelling. The online process takes about 3 days.

However, there is some let-up if one is travelling by air, though not officially confirmed. Check with your travel agent to find out what is the latest on this issue.

Hi Janak,

Last week one of my friend went to Dubai by road in his car through hatta border. He got his "on-arrival visa" easily and returned back in 4 days. He even asked this info from them and they said "we have started our e-visa system but have not closed the on-arrival visas yet."

Regards,
Osama

Hi Sumitran,

As the new year is very near so I'm planning to pay a travel to Dubai by road from Muscat. I came to Oman on 1st Nov 2015 and by new year I will be a 2 months tenure. I have heard that at the border a traveler won't get a visit visa until he has lived at least 6 month in Oman. However I didn't find any official rule, but have heard from 2/3 people that people don't get visa because of this reason.

Can you clarify things on this issue please, I'm very concerned.

Regards,
Osama

Hi osamashafiq,

Yes, what you have heard is indeed correct. You cannot cross the border before completing 6-months of prior stay in Oman.

Secondly, now until and unless you apply for an evisa prior to your travel, you cannot cross the border as the visa-on-arrival facility has been withdrawn since November. This of course is only for passport holders of those countries that are not on the list of countries exempted.

You can go to the U.A.E. by air. But then again, before you leave, you must be in possession of a valid visa visa to the U.A.E.

Speak to any local travel agent and find out what is the latest on the issue of visiting the U.A.E. They are the ones who would be able to give you the latest updates.

Just to add,  Just three days ago, one of my friend visited UAE and he got his visa on-arrival. He even asked about the e-visa system on the border and they informed him that even though the e-visa is active, yet they're issuing the on-arrival visa.

This is just for an info for those, who might travel within the next few days.

Hello Janak1982,

I have moved your topic in the Dubai Forum.

Regards,
Naomi.