Private messages

Hello Admin,

I can't see my private messages. When can I expect them to be available?

Cheers
Gj

Hi, I can see this message you posted... hope that assists. peace, old Susanne on 1st December, 2015

Hey Susanne,
He doesnt mean forum messages, members are not able to reach their private message box after update of the website.

Jio

Hi, Jio!
thank you for letting me know....
appreciated!

Could you also tell me....so does that mean after the update there will be no private messages?

I'm happy if that's how it will work, but still, I'd like to know!

That is, as an individual who may or may not then continue to be a contributing member of Expat.com.

As to date I'm not all that impressed with how the site has worked for me, (or not worked) since I've joined.

The key questions/information to impart to those joining or in Expat.com - surely are - whether it will be possible to send a reply to a single party?

Or, if there will only be wholly public conversations with the whole network?
thanks again, peace, old Susanne

Hey Susanne,
He doesnt mean forum messages, members are not able to reach their private message box after update of the website.

Jio

Hey Susanne,

Well there is going to be private messaging again once update is done. Its just temporary due to website template change.

And not sure what you really meant but if you have any questions to ask then you can still open a topic in the forum and people would be helping you out. But if you want to ask some specific things to specific person then yea you can use private messages.

And if site has not been useful for you since you've joined, its because of members, not the site. There are a few people who really try to help out others but mostly people use here just to advertise their things.

Over all, if you want to know anything, just let us know. For sure there will always be someone to help you out!

Thanks!
Jio

Thanks again, Jio,
As far as I know I've never tried to sell anything on your site.

Although I did answer your site's questions about what I enjoyed about Melbourne and in that process I mentioned 3 places (businesses/sites) I really enjoyed while there - do you consider that selling?
I'm not involved in any of them, just loved going there and experiencing them.

Really the only reason I asked about the private forums was because I was unclear about your kind reply.
I'd rather not deal in private forums with people I don't know.

best, peace, old Susanne

Hi Gj
I think the update is still in progress and once its completed you can access your private messages, just like Jio explained.

gawesh wrote:

Hello Admin,

I can't see my private messages. When can I expect them to be available?

Cheers
Gj

This is much, much more than just an upgrade of the old site, it is a move over to a completely new and much more improved site. Despite all the preparation that has gone into this over the past year such a move is never easy, and of course there are things that are just going to take time; like moving hundreds of thousands of private message chains from one site to another.

Rest assured that the situation with access to private messages is expat.com's highest priority and it will be normalized as soon as possible.

Regards,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Dear Experts Team,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it did not answer my question ie when will PM be available? 1 week? 2 weeks?

The problem is that i know some people have contacted me via PM (because i received email notifications). Unfortunately i am not able to reply to them nor contact them.

Cheers
Gj

At the top of your profile when you try  to access your PMs , there is this message:

Our website is currently moving to expat.com. During this process, some of your messages may not be accessible. You can access them again once the process is completed. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thus the process is taking time since they have to move the first PMs (when the blog was created) to the last PMs ( when the switch happened) across different fora for each and every member.
Thus there is no fixed date or day as to when all the messages will be moved though they are doing their best to get things finalized.

I managed to send a PM just now. So it is now working :)

It's working now.
Many thanks.
Cheers
Gj

Hello everyone

Indeed, you are now able to send messages through the private messaging system. If you come across any bug, please contact us via the contact form : Contact the Expat.com team

All the best
Bhavna

[Thread Closed]

Closed