Looking For Americans who have relocated to London, England.

Looking to connect with Americans who have relocated to London. I am thinking of moving to London when I retire. I travel to London every year for vacation to get a feel for the layout.

Please contact me looking for a connection.

Great you want to relocate to the UK. Am assuming you are up to speed on visas-but if you have a parent who was born here you should have no problem. It is terribly expensive here and it rains ALL the time. I'm an American who has lived in the UK for 11 years now. Happy to answer any questions you may have!

Hello

Great to hear from other Americans considering moving to England, London in particular. I am an American and have lived and worked in England for over 40 years. My advice to you is this: think very carefully about that. It's very much more expensive to live here than America and the weather is a lot worse. Visiting is one thing, living here is an entirely different kettle of fish. It's something you have to get use to and that my friend a lot of Americans can't take very long, trust me. However, if you've made up your mind, welcome. Keep in touch.

George

Thank you George I will be visiting in late June I will keep your words in mind 😀

Very good advice! I too mentioned the rain as I offered advice to this person wanting to move to the UK-the water-butt in my garden is always FULL!

Are you in central London or the suburbs of London

Not sure how that is relevant. Do you have a specific question about central London or suburbs? If so-am happy to answer on either. As I have lived in both.

Which do you prefer I was thinking of Croydon or Surrey I want to be as close to central London as possible but affordable 😀

Well, they are both relatively close to Central London. Although Croyden in closer. Surrey is a leafy suburb and Croydon is more city-like with a healthy and vibrant mix of immigrants. I hear there are even some English people living there too. ;)

London is pretty is pretty easy to commute/travel to, from pretty much all of the South-East of England; in general, the further away you go, the cheaper it is to find a house to buy/rent (there are some exceptions to that rule).  Suggest you try it first as a tourist, to make sure you like it.

You might want to check out this link.