Moving to DR need help please

Hi I'm new here and I've read all the posts about moving but I'm a little confused about the moving. Why do I need to get a residence over there in DR I have a cedula and papers from over there I am a US citizen, does this mean I have to give up my citizenship here?
Can I move my furniture in a trailer ? And is it free of charges cause I'm moving ?
Is my cedula enough proof to get the free trailer?
Also I already found a house my husband is over there and is waiting for me is in Tamboril
Any job recruiters from Santiago ? Let me know. I was planning to buy everything over there but I have all my stuff here and it hurts me to just give it away cause no one is going to pay me even half of what is worth and I'm not good with that. Please help me this is stressing me out
Oh! And last question o promise
Anyone who can recommend a bilingual school my daughter doesn't speak Spanish
Thanks

Myrnamp welcome.

You already have a cedula but no residency????

Yes you need a current cedula and residency to ship (one time) household goods free of taxes.  This is done by container on a ship or by a mail/packaging forwarding center if not sending much.

Bob K

Another question;  is your husband Dominican?

Bob K

Okay first welcome.   Now lets clear some things up.

Residencia is what you need to get your cedula. IF you have a cedula then you have residencia (not a residence) 

No you do not have citizenship here and you do not need to give up your US citizenship.  IF your husband is Dominican then you can get your citizenship here.

With residencia, you have the ability to bring in a trailer of goods but it is not free. It is duty free but you pay to ship it and you will pay someone on this end to help you retrieve your trailer. There are rules around this so make sure to ask if you qualify.

Recruiters - not like you know them. You will do best to get your resume updated and apply at all the call centers to start.   Once you have some experience here then start looking for a better job.  You will not make very good money here, I hope you realize that.

Schools - sorry cannot help you with that.

Thank you very helpful

You are very welcome.