Search for good builder in Southern Honduras

I recently purchased waterfront property on the Island of Isla del tigre.  I've looked online for builders in that area but can't seem to find any online.  Are there any expat members who live in the area who can provide some help?

Over the years i met maybe a thousand foreigners looking for a better life, vacation property or whatever. I'm
Pretty sure you won't find a member here that purchased property there.

My oppinion of that area... West coast Honduras... And add island sounds really really great. It's not now. I'm 45 years old saying this. I believe in 30 years.... Awesome !!

It's definitely behind the curve as far as development on the Caribbean side, however, it has what I was looking for as far as a retirement home.  The locals are great and are willing to share what little they have.  The seafood cannot be any fresher.  There is very little crime on that island.  I can boat to Nicaragua or San Salvador.  There are also lots of interesting things that will be happening in the area in the next few years.

Is that opportunity knocking?? If I
was 30 years younger I would jump at this. Where are the skilled young adventurers?

Absolutely!  unfortunately the Honduran people don't see the opportunity  of investing in their own country Instead you have Canadian and American companies coming in buying up properties and creating infrastructure, lots and homes which they sell at a premium.  Hey I'm not knocking them...I'm just saying.  I'm sure that eventually I'll find a builder it's just ironic that opportunity is knocking and no one is stepping up.

True, Isla del Tigre/ Amapala has been kind of stuck in a twilight zone. Going there is like travelling to the past. It is very relaxed and off the beaten path except in Semana santa (Easter) when the place is packed with tourists. Apparently, president Juan Orlando Hernandez is going to do something about activating the place.
To get there, you must drive to Isla Zacate Grande where Coyolito is located. If you look around that area, (google earth) and Bahia Chismuyo, you will find some mansions of some rich and famous hondurans (some of them are called rich and infamous) They probably bought the materials in San Lorenzo, Choluteca and Tegucigalpa and used engineers and contractors from further inland. You should try that.
Honduraschris, this is southern Honduras, not western. Western is La Mosquitia and Cabo de Gracias a Dios....
Saludos from Tegus

Isla del Tigre in the South of Honduras or the Pacific coast is nice and it is becoming a development center for the new President together with the Goverment of Korea and Taiwan. People are nice, just diferent enviroment.  Well thought Nelson!!

Just checking if you all were in honduran geography class... western Honduras is Ocotepeque, Copan Ruins, border with Guatemala, etc. Eastern HN is La Mosquitia, cabo Gracias a Dios, the caribbean.... :cheers:

Your right Jorge, The president has been spending lots of money in the area and I've heard that he's also been buying lots of property in that area making me think that something big is going to happen in that area soon.  even if nothing happened though I'm very happy with my Gulf front property and I look forward to the day I can live there full time.

Gracias del Boricua,

Nelson

Gracias Cesar,

espero ir a  conocer la Ceiba la proxima ves que voy a visitar Honduras.

Nelson

My little slice of heaven

Estamos a la orden cuando vengas,  Saludes

Cesar

Gracias

Hello everyone,

I want to remind you that you are requested to write in English on the English forum.

I invite you to read the HONDURAS Forum Code Of Conduct.

Thank You,
Regards,
Naomi.

Hi Nelson,

I totally understand your frustration. I dont think that there is a lack of builders in the area but rather they are not looking in the same places as you. My husband and I moved from the States in 2010 and have our own furniture company near La Ceiba.  We work with customers all over Honduras because much like yourself our clients are not able to find the quality in the areas where they live.  If you need help in the furniture department write back we do custom work.

Vivianna

We build Custom Furniture.  Feel free to contact me *****

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote any services on the forum. Please register in business directories
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Absolutely, Do you have a website I can look at?

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for your response.  *****

Vivianna

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Do not promote your business and do not post contact details on the forum, please register in Business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct