Philippine Visa Requirements

Hello all My name is Darren and i am planning on going to the Philippines at the end of may. I am planning on  meeting a few friends i have met online. I have wanted to go to the Philippines since a very young age. I  have my own online business and i have saved up some cash and i am finished my exams at the end of may so that is why i am planning to go then. I am only 17 years old yeah 17 young i know but i am mature and able to look after myself.
I only have one problem and i can't seem to get an answer i am hoping someone on this might be able to help me. My problem is the age Required to get a  tourist visa can i get a tourist visa at 17 years old ?? I would really like if someone could help me and answer my questions regarding this thanks for your time to read and hopefully answer this post.

Regards Darren

Welcome Darren,  hope someone can help you with your question.  You might want to wait until you turn 18, as May is not a good time to visit the Philippines for the first time.  Where do you intend to visit and for how long?

Based on this statement, I would say 17 is OK..

Children below 15 years of age traveling to the Philippines unaccompanied by a parent must secure an Affidavit of Support and Consent from the Consulate.
http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/v … -visa.html

Therefore: 15+ travelling alone do NOT need the Affidavit of Support and Consent.

I know that 16 year olds can get visas to visit Australia alone from Asian counties, so I would imagine it would be OK the other way around.

I finish my exams 27th of may so i will book my ticket first one i can get haha why is may a bad time if it is anyway possible to get a visa i will and i will go at  17 for at least a few months thanks for your help.

Regards Darren

Hello ABCDiamond

I hope i can get a visa at 17 I really want to go and have wanted for a long time i plan on going to a few different places and hope to go for about four months not making any plans just hoping if i can get the visa i think there is a Philippine embassy In Dublin So i think i will try find it online and ask for a meeting with someone so i can talk to them about it please god i am praying i have always wanted to go so lets just hope it all works out thanks for your help really
appreciate it thanks again.

Regards Darren

Simple solution, why don't you contact the Philippine Consulate. I know you can find them online, that way you can get a direct, factual, correct answer here is their link http://philippineconsulate.ie/ they are in Dublin

Mr.Darren wrote:

I finish my exams 27th of may so i will book my ticket first one i can get haha why is may a bad time if it is anyway possible to get a visa i will and i will go at  17 for at least a few months thanks for your help.

Regards Darren

4 months would be June, July, August September,  which could be very exciting if you want to deal with the rainy season, floods and typhoons.  October through January would be much nicer weather, a bit cooler and dryer with possible typhoons in October only.  Where do you intend to visit?  Are you expecting to continue your online business while in the Philippines?

Hello madhatter868

Yes i think that will be best i just thought maybe someone on this might know i will make a trip to see them when i am free and have a talk with them i just really want to go let hope it all goes well thank you for your help and also sending me that link.

Regards Darren

You are welcome, but before you buy a ticket you need to be sure you won't be turned away. I have been here 5 years and it is an extraordinary country, very warm people. Most of them are welcoming to foreigners.

they get money from foreigners than by by

Hello mugtech

I understand but i just really want to get a move on with this And as soon as i am finished my exams i will go do you think i should not go on this date ??  and yes i plan to keep the business going and have a friend's  work and i will just teach them what to do and be still in charge as i would like to spend my time figuring out the different areas and exploring i would like to go to all the native areas like not built up areas I know more dangerous but i am not worried also you can't let peoples negative thoughts hold you back  i have always listen to people and hear what they have to say but i guess i like to make a move on things that is how i have a business today everyone said you can't do it or you will lose all your money etc but guess what all them people ask me today how to do business etc. I hope to set up a new business that will be a lot hassle free and i can relax and enjoy my time while i am in the Philippines but that is not a big issue for me i will figure it all out thanks for your comments being really helpful.

Regards Darren

iftikhar_peeto wrote:

Hello

I am sorry i don't understand you.

Regards Darren

I truly wish you a great holiday

madhatter868 wrote:

You are welcome, but before you buy a ticket you need to be sure you won't be turned away. I have been here 5 years and it is an extraordinary country, very warm people. Most of them are welcoming to foreigners.

Hello madhatter868

I have places to stay already so if that is what you mean i already have a back up The thing i am worried about most is the visa i hope i can get it. I will not buy my ticket till i am sure that i will be able to travel alone hope it all goes well.

Mr.Darren wrote:
iftikhar_peeto wrote:

Hello

Regards Darren

He is from Pakistan,  got ripped off by a Filipina,  thinks they are all the same.  Just ignore him

Excellent thinking, enjoy your stay, BTW I am American, but my forefathers were Irish

mugtech wrote:
Mr.Darren wrote:
iftikhar_peeto wrote:

Hello

Regards Darren

He is from Pakistan,  got ripped off by a Filipina,  thinks they are all the same.  Just ignore him

I Think there is good and bad in everyone and every where in the world and i am not saying it is okay to scam people but to be honest that is the last hope for some people to feed there family. I do think it would be better if they asked for help but that is just life good and bad people maybe the person who scammed you was the nicest person but just needed to feed his family. But it still is not okay to scam people i have to disagree with that.

Regards Darren

madhatter868 wrote:

Excellent thinking, enjoy your stay, BTW I am American, but my forefathers were Irish

Oh really Great to here What part of the Philippines are you in ??

Mr.Darren wrote:

Hello mugtech

I understand but i just really want to get a move on with this And as soon as i am finished my exams i will go do you think i should not go on this date ??  and yes i plan to keep the business going and have a friend's  work and i will just teach them what to do and be still in charge as i would like to spend my time figuring out the different areas and exploring i would like to go to all the native areas like not built up areas I know more dangerous but i am not worried also you can't let peoples negative thoughts hold you back  i have always listen to people and hear what they have to say but i guess i like to make a move on things that is how i have a business today everyone said you can't do it or you will lose all your money etc but guess what all them people ask me today how to do business etc. I hope to set up a new business that will be a lot hassle free and i can relax and enjoy my time while i am in the Philippines but that is not a big issue for me i will figure it all out thanks for your comments being really helpful.

Regards Darren

You would know best about your business,  I was more concerned about what 4 months would allow you to see the most of the Philippines with the greatest safety and comfort.  You are being very impatient about leaving for the islands as soon as you finish school.  You need to learn the manana concept of how things happen in the Philippines. Things hardly ever happen when scheduled, being late is a national characteristic.  So you need to spend the best 4 months possible, realizing things will happen when they happen.  Hope this helps.

mugtech wrote:
Mr.Darren wrote:

Hello mugtech

Regards Darren

You would know best about your business,  I was more concerned about what 4 months would allow you to see the most of the Philippines with the greatest safety and comfort.  You are being very impatient about leaving for the islands as soon as you finish school.  You need to learn the manana concept of how things happen in the Philippines. Things hardly ever happen when scheduled, being late is a national characteristic.  So you need to spend the best 4 months possible, realizing things will happen when they happen.  Hope this helps.

What Advise would you give do to not think i should go at the end of may what would be the best time to go and of course i would like a comfortable stay and i hope to travel to a few places but mostly stay around a few areas i have in mind and who know where i will end up going.

Mr.Darren wrote:
iftikhar_peeto wrote:

Hello

Regards Darren

He is referring to the fact that many Filipinos like to take advantage of foreigners money. And friendship ends when the money runs out.

It does not apply to all, but a substantial number of visitors do comment on this happening.

I would go in the end of October, if you are Catholic you may be impressed with All Saints Day and All Souls Day November 1&2.  Many visit their ancestors' Graves with flowers and food and make a day of it.  As previously mentioned, the 4 coolest months are November to February, but not cool by Irish standards.  Also dry then with no floods or typhoons, easier to travel.  The only disadvantage is that air tickets are more expensive starting in November because it is the high season.

Mr.Darren wrote:

What Advise would you give do to not think i should go at the end of may what would be the best time to go and of course i would like a comfortable stay and i hope to travel to a few places but mostly stay around a few areas i have in mind and who know where i will end up going.

It depends where you go:

In Manila the rain season is normally June to November, but this year (2015) it is expected to end nearer September.
But on the Eastern side, near Samar etc., the rain season is normally from December to March.

ABCDiamond wrote:
Mr.Darren wrote:
iftikhar_peeto wrote:

Hello

Regards Darren

He is referring to the fact that many Filipinos like to take advantage of foreigners money. And friendship ends when the money runs out.

It does not apply to all, but a substantial number of visitors do comment on this happening.

Tipping is at a minimum, especially outside of Manila, and as mentioned generosity is often viewed as a rich person with money to burn.  You are coming to see Internet friends, you need to play things close to the vest, you will probably be overcharged because you are white.  Do not trust anyone with anything at first, for you do not really know these people any better than you know me. Do your money transactions at banks or reputable businesses even if people tell you that you can get a better rate on the black market.  In addition certain peso bills will no longer be negotiable as of January 2016, but they can still be exchanged at banks during 2016.  Please come prepared.  Good luck.

Darren,
Remember Philipinnes is a third world country with many people on the breadline barely surviving. Lawless groups live all over the Philipinnes, who sometimes will take you hostage as they all think your rich and good to make some money.
You dont just wander around willy nilly in the Islands, you need to check out the security of the areas. As elections are coming its not advisable to be back packing during that time. If your going to come go to areas where tourists go in numbers. Get to know the local people and areas that are remote, by talking to the missionaries and NGO's. You dont want to be a victim, as it could end with your life being taken, especially in Mindanao.Native people are very different to the average filipino and live a completely different way of life remotely. So take care where ever you go

Hi Darren,

This might be a helpful site for you. it may have the answer on your question.

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/co … isa.htm#2a

Regards,

Thea

Australian advice for travelling in the Philippines:  http://smartraveller.gov.au/countries/philippines

This includes : Central and western Mindanao, including the Zamboanga Peninsula, and the Sulu Archipelago and southern Sulu Sea area, do not travel

I found Manila area to be very safe, other than pickpockets, but we expect that to happen.

Kidnapping ??  That's down south, Mindanao again.  (I would never go there)

Read this:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … pines.html

Please read the full story, but this is an extract:

The kidnappers had threatened to kill April if she told police or troops that her daughter had been snatched, she said. Mrs Grant said she phoned her husband immediately after April's abduction. The Foreign Office in London said officials were investigating.
Last April, the MILF splinter group Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 21 Western holidaymakers and Asian workers from a Malaysian dive resort and took them to the Philippine island of Jolo, near Tawi Tawi.
The same group later kidnapped several other people, including foreign journalists. All but two of the captives, American Jeffrey Schilling and Filipino dive resort worker Roland Ullah, were freed by the rebels, reportedly in exchange for huge ransoms.

Unless you are a Muslim you will probably want to avoid Mindanao,  there are 7,100 other islands.

dinky2408 wrote:

Darren,
Remember Philipinnes is a third world country with many people on the breadline barely surviving. Lawless groups live all over the Philipinnes, who sometimes will take you hostage as they all think your rich and good to make some money.
You dont just wander around willy nilly in the Islands, you need to check out the security of the areas. As elections are coming its not advisable to be back packing during that time. If your going to come go to areas where tourists go in numbers. Get to know the local people and areas that are remote, by talking to the missionaries and NGO's. You dont want to be a victim, as it could end with your life being taken, especially in Mindanao.Native people are very different to the average filipino and live a completely different way of life remotely. So take care where ever you go

Hello dinky2408

Thank you for your advise and i will be going to Naga city to start my journey.

Regards Darren

mugtech wrote:

I would go in the end of October, if you are Catholic you may be impressed with All Saints Day and All Souls Day November 1&2.  Many visit their ancestors' Graves with flowers and food and make a day of it.  As previously mentioned, the 4 coolest months are November to February, but not cool by Irish standards.  Also dry then with no floods or typhoons, easier to travel.  The only disadvantage is that air tickets are more expensive starting in November because it is the high season.

Thank you Sir for you'r Advise i hope we can stay in contact and i will keep it in mind.

theasumera wrote:

Hi Darren,

This might be a helpful site for you. it may have the answer on your question.

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/co … isa.htm#2a

Regards,

Thea

Thank you Thea hope we stay in contact

Regards Darren

Mr.Darren wrote:
mugtech wrote:

Thank you Sir for you'r Advise i hope we can stay in contact and i will keep it in mind.

Ask any questions you like, if I can't help you perhaps I can send you to someone  or someplace that can.

ABCDiamond wrote:

Australian advice for travelling in the Philippines:  http://smartraveller.gov.au/countries/philippines

This includes : Central and western Mindanao, including the Zamboanga Peninsula, and the Sulu Archipelago and southern Sulu Sea area, do not travel

I found Manila area to be very safe, other than pickpockets, but we expect that to happen.

Kidnapping ??  That's down south, Mindanao again.  (I would never go there)

Read this:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … pines.html

Please read the full story, but this is an extract:

The kidnappers had threatened to kill April if she told police or troops that her daughter had been snatched, she said. Mrs Grant said she phoned her husband immediately after April's abduction. The Foreign Office in London said officials were investigating.
Last April, the MILF splinter group Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 21 Western holidaymakers and Asian workers from a Malaysian dive resort and took them to the Philippine island of Jolo, near Tawi Tawi.
The same group later kidnapped several other people, including foreign journalists. All but two of the captives, American Jeffrey Schilling and Filipino dive resort worker Roland Ullah, were freed by the rebels, reportedly in exchange for huge ransoms.

Thank you for that link i have read that story i plan to stay around the areas of Naga City/ Labo camarines Norte / Cebu city / do you think this is safe areas would love to know.

Regards Darren

mugtech wrote:

Unless you are a Muslim you will probably want to avoid Mindanao,  there are 7,100 other islands.

Thank you for you'r comment I plan to stay around these areas Naga City/ Labo camarines Norte / Cebu city /

Regards Darren

Mr.Darren wrote:

Thank you for that link i have read that story i plan to stay around the areas of Naga City/ Labo camarines Norte / Cebu city / do you think this is safe areas would love to know.

Regards Darren

Cebu seemed safe enough, except for the airport (yellow) taxi rip-of drivers. ;)
The white ones were OK. 
I was there for three months.  But preferred Manila, Luzon areas, mainly for language reasons, as very few will speak Filipino there.

Haven't been to the other areas, but I would not be afraid to go there.

Hi Darren, Thank you for your interest in my country kindly check the  requirements in this link http://www.dfa.gov.ph/guidelines-requirements hope it helps. Send me PM for other clarifications.

Hi Darren, Thank you for your interest in my country kindly check the  requirements in this link http://www.dfa.gov.ph/guidelines-requirements hope it helps. Send me PM for other clarifications.

johnpascual wrote:

That's a very confusing link.

One part says:

Application for a temporary visitor's visa must be made in person. In the case of a minor under eighteen (18) years of age, the application may be made for him by a person who, in the opinion of the consular officer, is responsible for his/her welfare. The minor, not an infant in arms, shall be required to appear at the Consulate for interview, together with the person making the application for him/her.

But the visa is issued at the airport where we land, and by then it would be too late.

Then there is this bit:

A Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) Under Section 29(a)(12) of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, as amended is required for children below 15 yrs. old who are traveling to the Philippines unaccompanied by or not joining his/her parent/s to the Philippines.

This says that children under 15 needs something special to be allowed in, hence 15 and over nothing special is required.

This seems like typical Philippines confusion.

Do you know the final answer, about a person aged 17 ?

johnpascual wrote:

Thank you very much but i am afraid i still dont understand as it says noting about 17 years old's but i would like to thank you for your help and support.

Regards Darren

ABCDiamond wrote:
johnpascual wrote:

That's a very confusing link.

One part says:

Application for a temporary visitor's visa must be made in person. In the case of a minor under eighteen (18) years of age, the application may be made for him by a person who, in the opinion of the consular officer, is responsible for his/her welfare. The minor, not an infant in arms, shall be required to appear at the Consulate for interview, together with the person making the application for him/her.

But the visa is issued at the airport where we land, and by then it would be too late.

Then there is this bit:

A Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) Under Section 29(a)(12) of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, as amended is required for children below 15 yrs. old who are traveling to the Philippines unaccompanied by or not joining his/her parent/s to the Philippines.

This says that children under 15 needs something special to be allowed in, hence 15 and over nothing special is required.

This seems like typical Philippines confusion.

Do you know the final answer, about a person aged 17 ?

Hello all no one seems to know anything about 17 years old's maybe someone will find out for me.