Planning to move

Dear All,

I am in O&G sector having 18 yrs. of experience in India . I have been offered a job in Kuwait for an Oil company with a Salary of 1800 KD . I have two grown up kids ( D- 8thStd., Son- 4thStd.) and planning to move in Kuwait with family . Please advise me whether this salary is good enough to have decent life in Kuwait along with saving .

Hi MSK14 and welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to have a look at the other topics on the  Cost of living in Kuwait section, you will find other similar questions and answers to these questions. This might help you to get an idea whether your offer is a great one or not.

Best of luck

Priscilla  :top:

Hello MSK14, welcome to expat.com. The salary offered to you is good for a start, even if not the best for your field and experience. Cannot honestly comment because I do not have any knowledge or background about salary scale in O&G sector.

All I can say is that with that kind of salary you can easily provide an above average standard of living to your family in Kuwait. You have not mentioned whether this is an all inclusive salary or you will also be provided allowances like housing, travel etc. But even if considering this as an all inclusive offer, this salary is still, as I mentioned earlier, good even if not the best offer.

Regarding the estimated expenses, I can put forth my forth my following two cents :

1) Housing/Accommodation : This is one of the major expenses that every expat faces. In your case, you will at least require a 2 or even a 3 Bedroom Apartment. A regular unfurnished 2 Bedroom Apartment will cost you anywhere between 300 to 350 KD depending on the area, location and size of the Apartment. And a 3 Bedroom one will cost anywhere between 400 -500 KD. And if you want a furnished Apartment it will cost at least another 100 KD.

Dear
You have been offered very attractive salary , which is more then enough to live and education for your kids. Does this offer include accommodation or not. Even not in this salary you can have a good flat with in the range of KD 250/- TO KD 350/-

Please don't accept this offer, it is not a good offer for 18 years experience oil sector person.If I am not wrong, oil sector engineers get very attractive salary in India and apart from salary they get so many facilities from the company. Please let me know how much your are getting presently in  India, so I can suggest you how much you should get. Your probable expenses like below

House 2 bhk: KD 400 (small one)
Food(4)              :  200
Outing               : 100
Car:                    : 130 (SUV average)
School (2)          : 100  (per month)