Recomendations: Good english speaking accountant in Athens

Hi All

I need to find a good English speaking accountant (to file my yearly tax return there and offer advice) if anyone has any recomendations please. By good I mean thorough and not too expensive of course

I have been told it's best to get an accountant in the same district as your have your tax number AFM. Does anyone else have an opinion on that? If so, then a recomendation for an accountant in Haidari would be even better

Thanks

Welcome to Expat-blog, Symbiosis01 :)

For job openings, you should post an advert under Athens classifieds by selecting the Jobs section. Classifieds has been specially designed for such adverts.

Regards,
Sheetul

Thanks for the reply Sheetul

I'm actually looking for an accountant (so asking for advice and recomendations from anyone who has used one) rather than offering my services

Cheers

Hi Symbiosis01 :)

Sorry, i thought you meant you were recruiting an accountant.

Sheetul

Hi symbiosis,

I am beyond accounting now but i have experience into the field. I could give you some advises if you want. I could recoment my company's accountant but his English is a wonder to behold. In any case i could help you.

Finding an accountant near your tax service is good for the reason that he knows people inside the tax service.So everything becomes easier.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply akarthis

It's good that you have confirmed that it's best to have an accountant near to my tax service.

My problem now is where to start to look for somebody. I could ask my cousins but unfortunatly they would be very interested to know about my financial dealings - so I dont think it's wise to ask them.

One thing you might be able to help me answer. I know that certain purchases require a "pink slip" from the bank to prove that the money was from outside Greece. I have seen people mention cars and property as two things you require this for but is there a total list somewhere, or is it based on a monetary value (for example, all purchases above 5,000Euros)?

I want to buy a mobile home (a caravan house that you dont drive) and wanted to know the best way to make the purchase? Do I need a pink slip for this?

Thanks for your help