Safety in Qatar

Hi all,

New to the blog  :)

I used to live in Doha (2012-2014) so I know it well. Since I've moved home to the UK I have been back to visit several times, and have plans to come back for a few weeks over New Year to see friends there. I've always felt totally safe in Qatar and don't usually worry too much when people make comments about living in the Middle East being 'risky', because I see it as much like anywhere else in the world: there are always risks but if you keep your wits about you its fine.

However recently with all thats in the news about terrorist attacks and the war in Syria, a few people (here in the UK) have advised me to cancel my trip and I'm starting to feel a bit nervous. So I was just wondering if anyone who's living in Qatar now and and keeps up with this stuff could give me some advice? Realistically, is it a dangerous time to visit or is it mostly media hype?

Appreciate any insight!  :) Thanks.

Qatar is very safe country.  Don't trust on media they always creates hype and they never tell you the truth. Qatar has nothing to do with Syria and Syria is far away from Qatar. And there is no terrorist groups in Qatar.

I'm from Birmingham, UK so I've heard from friends who lives in Qatar.

Ok, thank you! I know they do, its difficult to know what to believe anymore  :unsure

Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait are safest countries while Yemen, Syria, And Iraq are worst?